Senior Analytics Engineer
Remote - United Kingdom
Technology – Data & Analytics /
Onfido lets people prove their identity anytime, anywhere. We’re creating a more open digital world by connecting them to the services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account. We’re building a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ and ‘Best AI product in FinTech’ awards at CogX
We are a global, established, technology company having surpassed $130M in annual recurring revenue (ARR) with a prominent position in the global marketplace, and have been repeatedly recognized for our performance and innovation. In 2023, we’ve been awarded ‘Best Fraud Detection and Prevention Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan, featured as a Strong Performer by Forrester in its 2022 Identity Verification Wave, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors such as TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with hundreds of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support checks in 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. With over 1,200 customers worldwide and 500 employees
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
We put data at the heart of every decision we make. Our Data & Analytics team enables Onfido to access insights and analytics to drive key decisions leading to our success. In this role, as the Analytics Engineer, you will build data products for a 500+ user community: from operational analysts to C-level, the whole company uses the self-service analytics platform to answer critical questions. You will use DBT to transform our data, Snowflake to process and store it as well as Looker to expose this data to end users. You will work on complex and never before explored problems delivering insight on unique datasets.
- You will enable your stakeholders to make data-driven decisions by surfacing critical data from many different sources in the self-service analytics platform. You will own the end-to-end creation of data products by designing / implementing ELT jobs and building reporting
- You will be accountable for the quality, performance and scalability of the self-service analytics platform. You will write high quality code, implement tests and automate when possible
- You will be a trusted partner of a diverse group of stakeholders across Product Managers, Commercial and Operational Analysts and Customer Success / Sales Managers. You will propose and implement bespoke analytics solutions to address their business / technical challenges
- You will help and educate a diverse group of data users to utilise Onfido’s tools and data assets and enable self-serve analytics
- You have extensive experience working with data analytics
- You have advanced knowledge of SQL and make the difference between working SQL and performant SQL
- You have strong data visualisation skills and can tell data stories utilising BI tools (i.e. Tableau/Looker)
- You have excellent communication skills and can summarise complex technical issues, and present in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- You can work with a variety of stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds and prioritise the work accordingly
- You are a self-starter and take the initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve problems
- Some experience using python, git, dbt, Looker, Snowflake / Redshift / Big Query is a plus
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce. This role will be based as advertised on the job description. We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoers share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
> 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
> Two paid volunteering days per year.*
> Bupa Private Medical and Dental Insurance*
> Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
> Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)*
> Generous paid parental leaveFree mental health coaching provided online
> Life enrichment allowance of up to £80 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy
> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more
> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events
> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment
> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups
*after passing probation
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.