Senior Product Manager - Digital ID
Remote - United Kingdom /
Technology – Product /
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. That means we only need an image of your ID and a selfie to prove that you’re you. In doing so, we help millions of people connect to the services they need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s renting a car or opening a bank account. Our vision is to create an open world where identity is the key to access.
We've received over $200 million in funding from world-class tech investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, Salesforce to back our vision. And we're just getting started.
Why we think you’ll want to join us:
Universal Problem: You’ll be working on an urgent and current problem impacting virtually everyone on the internet: Identity.
Hot and Responsible Tech: You’ll be developing cutting-edge proprietary on-device technology such as photo quality assessment, working directly with machine learning researchers and engineers.
Rapid Growth: Onfido is growing very fast. You’ll see your products being used by millions of users and get to re-invent our practices as the old ones inevitably break.
Focus and Autonomy: Product Management is represented at the highest levels at Onfido with our Chief Product Officer, Alex Valle. We have stable company goals and overall product strategy, while you’ll have a very high degree of autonomy to set the strategy for your own product area. Learn more about our product strategy review process.
Knowledgeable Peers and Experienced Leadership: Large, diverse, highly collaborative product team. Plenty of people to learn from, and work on problems together from different points of view. We dedicate specific time to hone our product management craft.
Commitment to Mental Health: We strive to create an open environment where mental health is supported, and people can bring their full selves to work. This is reflected in our values and benefits (including Sanctus mental health coaching). Learn more about why we signed the mental health pledge.
About the role:
The core of our identity product focuses on validating physical id documents. As digital forms of identification gain traction, we will need to adapt our product and strategy. The digital identity landscape is complex and balkanized, with 100s of digital identity initiatives across governments and businesses, from Apple’s digital id scheme to the EU’s eIDAS framework. This role is charged with formulating and delivering Onfido’s digital identity solutions within our product suite.
What you'll be doing:
- Work cross-functionally with compliance to understand and engage with the landscape of digital id regulations and initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with strategy, sales, and marketing to understand the competitive landscape and to prioritize which geographies and initiatives to tackle first
- Work cross-functionally with the strategy team to define and evolve our digital identity strategy
- De-risk our strategy and roadmap via customer and market research
- Evangelize our digital identity strategy and roadmap both internally and externally, with customers and standards bodies
- Work closely with other product teams to integrate digital identity
- Use your insights, industry knowledge and experience to create, maintain and evangelise the roadmap for digital identity.
- With engineering and design, deliver the roadmap using agile methodologies
- Work with Product Marketing and Client Support to successfully launch new features
- Coordinate with Sales and Customer Success to communicate our vision and roadmap to our customers.
- Evolve and build a high performing product culture, as we rapidly scale and grow, contributing directly to our product management practices.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application
- An established Product Manager who has taken an idea and turned it into a successful product – problem discovery, solution definition, launch and growth
- An ability to drive learning, alignment and decision making cross functionally
- Experience defining, validating and iterating product strategy in a complex technical domain
- Strong bias to de-risking decisions early via qualitative and quantitative data.
- Don’t tick all the boxes, but think you’d still be a good fit? Apply anyway and show us what you can do!
It would also be great to see
- Experience working in identity
- Experience working with standards bodies
- Experience working with regulatory frameworks
- Experience building B2B products
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Along with our multi-national team in our London HQ we have offices in EMEA, America and APAC, making Onfido an exciting and culturally enriching place to work.
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Please note: Onfidoers are all working from home for the time being. We also have switched to a virtual recruitment process and all our Newfidos will be onboarding remotely. Stay Safe!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.