Growth Lead - Asia
Melbourne, Victoria /
Operations & Go to Market /
Aglet today is a digital sneaker collection game, powered by step-counting and an ever expanding catalogue of virtual sneakers. Tomorrow, Aglet will revolutionize how we play games, how we interact with brands, and how the next Virgil Abloh will be discovered. Aglet is powered by Onlife, a bold company and vision dedicated to inspiring the world to Play Life via a series of gamified overlays of our real, location based, context-rich lives, as we live them.
We are a fully remote, creative team distributed around the globe looking for novel ways to bring the metaverse to life.
We’re currently looking for a dynamic, talented and enthusiastic Growth Lead - Asia to join our growing team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Growth Lead for Asia, you will be responsible for developing and executing growth strategies across paid and organic that drive user acquisition, engagement, and monetization of our app in these markets. You will leverage your expertise to create a compelling growth vision to deliver from strategy through to execution for us to penetrate, scale and thrive in these highly competitive markets.
* Develop and execute data-driven user acquisition strategies tailored to the Japanese and South Korean markets;
* Drive aggressive user acquisition campaigns across various paid and non-paid channels, including social media, app stores, influencers, and ad networks;Optimize user acquisition campaigns to maximize ROI, effectively scale user growth, and meet acquisition targets;
* Collaborate with teams and contractors to develop compelling marketing assets and messaging specifically designed to resonate with the Japanese and South Korean audiences;
* Leverage analytics tools to track and analyze user acquisition performance, identifying key metrics and insights to inform decision-making;
* Conduct A/B tests and experiment with different user acquisition strategies to optimize performance and drive continuous improvement;
* Monitor market trends, competitor activities, and industry benchmarks to identify new growth opportunities and stay ahead of the curve;
* Provide regular reports and insights to stakeholders on user acquisition metrics, campaign performance, and growth initiatives;
* Analyze user behavior, conduct in-depth user research, and leverage data insights to optimize the user experience and drive long-term retention;
* Drive revenue growth by optimizing in-app purchases, advertising strategies, and other monetization methods specific to the Japanese and South Korean markets, while identifying opportunities to maximize player spending without compromising a positive user experience;
* Work closely with the localization team to ensure high quality, accurate and culturally appropriate adaptation of game content, including language, visuals, and gameplay mechanics;
* Work closely with creative teams and external agencies to build geo specific creatives; and
* Conduct thorough keyword research and analysis to optimize app store listings for maximum visibility and organic downloads.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* A proven track record of success in scaling Japanese and/or South Korean user acquisition for a startup or new product, while driving growth and revenue;
* A strong knowledge of the market trends and user preferences for social and/or mobile gaming apps in Japan and South Korea;
* Past experience identifying and delivering results with local ad networks in Japan and South Korea; * Expertise in user acquisition strategies, performance marketing, content marketing and campaign optimization;
* Proficiency in using analytics tools to extract insights and make data-driven decisions to increase lifetime value (LTV) and reduce CAC;
* Developed and executed on growth and go-to-market strategies with quantifiable achievements;
* Strong project management, stakeholder management and organizational skills with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment;
* Ability to break down ambiguous problems and create strategic solutions with a clear, structured process in mind;
* Intellectual curiosity that can adapt to any situation and quickly learn new things;
* An entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously;
* Experience working with non-traditional business models and generating creative, efficient growth and revenue models; and
* Comfortable with ownership of performance marketing and content marketing campaigns from end to end including ad design, direction, copywriting etc.
* Business proficiency in Japanese and/or Korean languages;
* Experience with mobile gaming and/or emerging social media platformsInterest in web3, NFTs and cryptocurrency
WE'RE BIG ON VISION AND VALUES.
Our vision is to create an onlife world that blends the physical and digital. Our values guide how we work, make decisions and engage with one another.
Open to Play. Think BIG and weird; Approach problems and ideas with wonder; fearlessly develop and deliver on interesting ideas.
Get Clear. Understand the game you are playing; Ask for help and direction when you need it; Communicate clearly and take notes.
Get it Right. Freedom and comfort to disagree; Proactively share and show your work; Demonstrate vulnerability by sharing uncertainty and challenges.
Radical Ownership. Don’t wait to be told what to do - own your space and make things happen; Own your mistakes and learn from them; Give meaningful feedback to the person who needs to hear it.
Be Active. Show up and participate; Build a community; Invest in your own physical and mental well-being - when you need a break, take a break.
We’re building a new platform that gives a voice to underrepresented creatives. To do that, we are building a team that models the type of world we're trying to create, one that is rich in different perspectives and backgrounds. We encourage all applicants to apply particularly if you are from an under-represented community or have followed an unconventional path to get to where you are - we want to hear from you!