Senior Data Engineer - Remote
Melbourne, Victoria /
Spatial Data /
Aglet today is a digital sneaker collection game, powered by step-counting and an ever expanding catalogue of virtual sneakers. Tomorrow, Aglet will revolutionize how we play games, how we interact with brands, and how the next Virgil Abloh will be discovered.
Aglet is powered by Onlife, a bold company and vision dedicated to inspiring the world to Play Life via a series of gamified overlays of our real, location based, context-rich lives, as we live them. We think we’ve only scratched the surface of evolving our augmented lives - starting with sneakers and streetwear. We believe that “the street” is where the community is - and today, the street is in games. We consider our current app only “gamified.” Our next steps will lead Aglet to provide vastly deeper challenges, storylines, and exhilaration from collection, trading, and creating.
We are a fully remote, creative team distributed around the globe looking for novel ways to bring the metaverse to life.
We’re looking for someone to build and enhance our data engineering infrastructure to support geo-spatial analysis at speed and scale in order to enable meaningful in-game dynamic and commerce experiences.
What You'll Do
- Organise and maintain large datasets and data streams efficiently to help quickly identify insights about player behaviour that will impact the future game roadmap and LiveOps events.
- Build and manage pipelines for supporting various applications and use cases related to geo-spatial mobility, ensuring outputs easily usable.
- Deal with large, complex and potentially “dirty” datasets by cleaning and transformation so that they can be utilised for various use cases.
- Manage data infrastructure engineering costs by optimising data performance, memory and disk space usage.
- Effectively and insightfully handle requests to visualise aspects of the datascape
- Strong understanding of network graph theory and technology and are able to extract relationship data.
- Familiar with grid systems and have a strong knowledge of Python.
- Comfortable navigating cloud-based environments and open-source visualisation tools.
- Familiar with data pipelines and able to create fast, efficient data transformations to extract and label data.
- Self-motivated with the stomach to learn and handle complex problems for which ready-made answers may not exist today.
- Enjoy researching and exploring new concepts and technologies that could benefit the problems we have.
- Able to navigate fast-moving and fast-changing timelines, and come up with effective incremental solutions where necessary.
Tools We Use
- GCP, Google BigQuery, Postgres
- Apache Drill, Tableau, Prefect
- Python, Tigergraph, Streamlit
What We Offer
- Fully remote position with flexible hours
- Budget for home office setup
- Paid parental leave
We're open to applicants anywhere in Australia or the USA for this position.
WE'RE BIG ON VISION AND VALUES.
Our vision is to create an onlife world that blends the physical and digital. Our values guide how we work, make decisions and engage with one another.
Open to Play. Think BIG and weird; Approach problems and ideas with wonder; fearlessly develop and deliver on interesting ideas.
Get Clear. Understand the game you are playing; Ask for help and direction when you need it; Communicate clearly and take notes.
Get it Right. Freedom and comfort to disagree; Proactively share and show your work; Demonstrate vulnerability by sharing uncertainty and challenges.
Radical Ownership. Don’t wait to be told what to do - own your space and make things happen; Own your mistakes and learn from them; Give meaningful feedback to the person who needs to hear it.
Be Active. Show up and participate; Build a community; Invest in your own physical and mental well-being - when you need a break, take a break.
We’re building a new platform that gives a voice to underrepresented creatives. To do that, we are building a team that models the type of world we're trying to create, one that is rich in different perspectives and backgrounds. We encourage all applicants to apply particularly if you are from an under-represented community or have followed an unconventional path to get to where you are - we want to hear from you!