Junior Game Designer
Los Angeles, CA /
Aglet today is a digital sneaker collection game, powered by step-counting and an ever expanding catalogue of virtual sneakers. Tomorrow, Aglet will revolutionize how we play games, how we interact with brands, and how the next Virgil Abloh will be discovered.
Aglet is powered by Onlife, a bold company and vision dedicated to inspiring the world to Play Life via a series of gamified overlays of our real, location based, context-rich lives, as we live them. We think we’ve only scratched the surface of evolving our augmented lives - starting with sneakers and streetwear. We believe that “the street” is where the community is - and today, the street is in games. We consider our current app only “gamified.” Our next steps will lead Aglet to provide vastly deeper challenges, storylines, and exhilaration from collection, trading, and creating.
We are a fully remote, creative team distributed around the globe looking for novel ways to bring the metaverse to life.
We are a fully remote, creative team distributed around the globe looking for novel ways to bring the metaverse to life. We’re looking for a passionate Game Designer who wants to further develop their skills and experience through the creation of engaging experiences and game play that intersects play with life. We want someone who wants to be mentored in all aspects of game design. In this role you will be responsible for the development, implementation and enhancement of our Onlife product/s.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
* Working from feature directives handed down from the Ideation Group, the game designer will flesh out the player experience and all the possible interactions within the given application in coordination with the UX/UI artists and under the guidance of the Head of Product and Design.
* Take high level ideas and build them into gameplay mechanics and gameplay loops.
* Create Design Documentation, in Notion, to support Design Visualization.
* Champion the player experience and gameplay as value generating.
* Care for the ongoing maintenance and improvement of product features.
* Work cohesively with different departments to achieve the best results possible.
* Study and understand games in the market.
* You will be open-minded and have a strong willingness to learn and be mentoredBe positive and solutions oriented.
* Be flexible and adaptable to working different time zones due to the diverse workforce spread across the globe.
* Have a systems thinking mindset.
* Have a balanced revenue to game mindset.
* A team player who works collectively with others to achieve a common goal.
* Experience with detailing features, mechanics, interactions, and economics in a game.
* Experience in writing clear and concise design documentation.
* Experience in creating or tuning Player Progression loops.
* Experience with understanding and tuning game economies.
* Knowledge of Streetwear and youth culture.
* Understanding of Social Media platforms and their mechanics.
* Understanding of Free-to-Play Games and their mechanics.
* Strong communication skills to deliver ideas in a compelling manner.
TOOLS WE USE
* Google Suite
WE'RE BIG ON VISION AND VALUES.
Our vision is to create an onlife world that blends the physical and digital. Our values guide how we work, make decisions and engage with one another.
Open to Play. Think BIG and weird; Approach problems and ideas with wonder; fearlessly develop and deliver on interesting ideas.
Get Clear. Understand the game you are playing; Ask for help and direction when you need it; Communicate clearly and take notes.
Get it Right. Freedom and comfort to disagree; Proactively share and show your work; Demonstrate vulnerability by sharing uncertainty and challenges.
Radical Ownership. Don’t wait to be told what to do - own your space and make things happen; Own your mistakes and learn from them; Give meaningful feedback to the person who needs to hear it.
Be Active. Show up and participate; Build a community; Invest in your own physical and mental well-being - when you need a break, take a break.
We’re building a new platform that gives a voice to underrepresented creatives. To do that, we are building a team that models the type of world we're trying to create, one that is rich in different perspectives and backgrounds. We encourage all applicants to apply particularly if you are from an under-represented community or have followed an unconventional path to get to where you are - we want to hear from you!