Java Software Engineer
Remote Australia /
Aglet today is a digital sneaker collection game, powered by step-counting and an ever expanding catalogue of virtual sneakers. Tomorrow, Aglet will revolutionize how we play games, how we interact with brands, and how the next Virgil Abloh will be discovered.
Aglet is powered by Onlife, a bold company and vision dedicated to inspiring the world to Play Life via a series of gamified overlays of our real, location based, context-rich lives, as we live them. We think we’ve only scratched the surface of evolving our augmented lives - starting with sneakers and streetwear. We believe that “the street” is where the community is - and today, the street is in games. We consider our current app only “gamified.” Our next steps will lead Aglet to provide vastly deeper challenges, storylines, and exhilaration from collection, trading, and creating.
We are a fully remote, creative team distributed around the globe looking for novel ways to bring the metaverse to life.
We're looking for several Java Software Engineers of different levels (Mid level to Senior) to join our newly created Platform Engineering team to work on greenfield projects. Working on the platform that underpins the Aglet.app, you will be instrumental in developing the foundation that allows other games to leverage it. You will be involved in the validation and selection of technologies to enable Blockchain assets and experiences, while being part of a community on the cusp of catalysing a paradigm shift. We are a fully remote, creative team distributed around the globe looking for novel ways to bring the metaverse to life. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
- As a Software Engineer at Aglet you will be experimenting with new practices and technologies, while being responsible for the design, development, and delivery of our new platform. You will be influential in defining the future of our architecture as we continue to evolve. You will work in an international cross functional team with fellow software engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and Data Engineers to devise innovative solutions that will have a huge impact on the future of the business.
- 4 to 8 years of Java development experience within a product organisation or startup environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- You are a Technologist who loves to experiment with new technologies
- Experience or interest in Blockchain technologies desirable
- Experience or interest in cryptography and cryptographic hashing desirable
- Excellent communicator
- Full working rights in Australia
- Ansible, Terraform and Google Cloud Platform highly desirable
- Experience or interest in Golang, Rust or C++ is desirable
- Experience or interest in Flutter and/or Dart is desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fully remote position with flexible hours to suit your lifestyle
- Equity (become an owner)
- Budget for home office setup
- Paid parental leave
WE'RE BIG ON VISION AND VALUES.
Our vision is to create an onlife world that blends the physical and digital. Our values guide how we work, make decisions and engage with one another.
Open to Play. Think BIG and weird; Approach problems and ideas with wonder; fearlessly develop and deliver on interesting ideas.
Get Clear. Understand the game you are playing; Ask for help and direction when you need it; Communicate clearly and take notes.
Get it Right. Freedom and comfort to disagree; Proactively share and show your work; Demonstrate vulnerability by sharing uncertainty and challenges.
Radical Ownership. Don’t wait to be told what to do - own your space and make things happen; Own your mistakes and learn from them; Give meaningful feedback to the person who needs to hear it.
Be Active. Show up and participate; Build a community; Invest in your own physical and mental well-being - when you need a break, take a break.
We’re building a new platform that gives a voice to underrepresented creatives. To do that, we are building a team that models the type of world we're trying to create, one that is rich in different perspectives and backgrounds. We encourage all applicants to apply particularly if you are from an under-represented community or have followed an unconventional path to get to where you are - we want to hear from you!