Writing Intern (Web Content)
This internship program is intended to provide interns with a comprehensive training experience on best SEO practices, delivering high-quality website content, and integrating the tenets of the company’s writing style guide. Interns that exceed in performance throughout this paid internship may be offered a growing position as a Junior Writer within our company.
We are seeking students who are eager to start their online publishing careers and who are creative, detailed, and team players!
This paid internship program is intended for a part-time basis with the possibility of transitioning into future full-time employment within our company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
· Writing technical SEO-focused content, how-to articles, and blog posts based on research.
· Brainstorming article topics for new & existing web projects.
· Continuing to build your skill set through workshops and feedback sessions.
· Adhering to deadlines.
· Working toward a daily word output of 1,600 words.
· Implementing and adhering to OnPoint writing standards including grammar, style, and SEO optimization.
· Performing all other tasks as assigned and as content priorities require.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
· An understanding of and passion for writing and content creation
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Prior experience with writing (preferred but not required).
· An eye for detail.
· A pace for deadlines.
· Fast learning skills.
· Enrollment in a degree program for English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Casual and fun office environment.
· Culture that promotes professional growth and development.
· Team-oriented work space.
· A work setting in the up-and-coming Innovative District of Miami, Little Haiti.
WHAT WE DO:
The future of publishing and e-commerce is data. OnPoint is a leading data-driven, online publisher and service-based e-commerce provider. Leveraging premium and contextual domain names combined with original content and large audiences, OnPoint is building a robust, highly monetizable "Signal Graph."
OnPoint’s proprietary content products focus on the How-To, DIY (Do-It-Yourself), and DIFM (Do-It-For-Me) markets with a strong consumer value proposition. With more consumer data, we are able to increase the LTV of their signal data and put services in front of the right people at the point in their lives when they need them.
While the multibillion-dollar service-based economy is rapidly growing, our three core product sets include 100s of reference guides, instructional books, and digital services.
If you are a team player and innovative thinker, if you like to find solutions and you feel comfortable working in a casual environment, this is the right place for you!