Sr. DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Austin, Texas /
Innovation Development Center – DevOps /
OnPrem is expanding our Engineering team and we’re seeking an innovative Senior DevOps Engineer to join us in Austin.
OnPrem provides business and technology consulting services that bring our clients closer to their customers, their data and their content. We are trusted partners in strategy, process, solution evaluation and implementation across multiple industries. We specialize in Program Management, Digital Media Supply Chain, IP & Rights Management, Data & Analytics, and Customer Experience & Salesforce.
The IDC is our Innovation Development Center located in Austin, Texas. Here we build custom software using modern technologies to solve complex business problems for our clients where an offshore model would not be successful. We believe the best products and services are realized by knowledgeable tight-knit teams aligned to a shared purpose and understanding. We work hard every day for ourselves and for our clients and are honored to be recognized by Fortune magazine as #8 on their Best Workplaces in Texas 2019 and Great Place to Work as one of their 2019 Best Workplaces in Texas!
You have a deep curiosity for learning new methods and technologies to improve existing systems, and building new ones from the ground up.
You have a proven track record in bridging the gap between development and operations.
You are an industrious team-player; you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work diligently on any task.
You bring an innovative spirit and a superior work ethic to every engagement.
You want to work on motivated teams that like to have fun and are driven to deliver.
You have exemplary attention to detail and demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills.
You are energized by working within teams that expect continuous improvement.
- Work with a diverse team of engineers and business stakeholders to architect solutions for complex client needs, implement solutions, and iterate using continuous feedback and improvement.
- Help clients modernize their application environments and streamline their application delivery.
- Generate solutions for and standardize processes
- You may have an opportunity to mentor junior resources.
- 5-7+ years DevOps/Sys Engineer experience in a production capacity
- 5-7+ years of LINUX and/or Window system administration experience, including basic system admin tasks, knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts, and basic security and compliance practices
- CI/CD platform experience, including installation and configuration and CI platforms, and proficiency with application build/package/distribution tools, ideally experienced in creating pipelines from scratch
- Production experience in Terraform, Cloud Formation, or other IaC tools
- Production experience with Git or similar SCM
- Production experience with container technology for application packaging, delivery and operation (Docker preferred, but will consider other container technologies), ideally for 1+ years
- Production experience with distributed systems architectures and related tools (service discovery, config/secret management, etc.)
- Architect-level proficiency in AWS ecosystem or similar experience
- Experience with scripting/programming using bash, powershell, python or similar
- Experience troubleshooting Java and Node applications
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting backend and AWS infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information systems, computer science or other related field
- Open to mentoring other engineers
- 5+ years of database ownership experience (ideally in a SaaS model such as DynamoDB and RDS) including basic administration, schema maintenance, database querying, DR, clustering, etc.
Life at OnPrem
We were founded on a culture of collaboration and inclusiveness, and this permeates each of our initiatives, both client-facing and internal. We offer a wide selection of benefits including medical, dental & vision, 401k matching and flexible vacation; we sponsor trainings to advance our teams’ skill sets; we prioritize our employees’ professional growth paths. Currently 200+ people strong in four geographic territories, we’ve been recognized as a “Best Place to Work,” a “Great Place to Work,” “Fastest Growing,” and “A Jewel.”
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Equal Employment Opportunity
OnPrem ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability (physical or mental), national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, family history or genetic information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, political affiliation, other non-merit based factors, and/or any other characteristic protected by law. OnPrem applies this stance to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including internships, at all levels of employment.