Austin, Texas /
Innovation Development Center – Full Stack /
I have a proven track record of shaping best practices for my team.
I am an industrious team-player; I’m not afraid to roll up my sleeves and work diligently on any task.
I bring an innovative spirit and a superior work ethic to every engagement.
I thrive when collaborating with teammates.
I am organized, have exemplary attention to detail, and demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills.
I am energized by working within teams that expect continuous improvement.
We’re expanding our Engineering team and seeking an innovative and thoughtful Architect to join us in Austin. You’d work directly with leadership to contribute to the creation of engineering policies, assist in scoping out technical project proposals, present solutions to clients as well as the OnPrem team members, and shape the kind of technologies that we are going to be using. You’d also be an active part in the design and coding of software.
We’re in the business of making businesses better—people, processes, and systems. We’re an end-to-end technology solutions provider focused on connecting disparate parts within organizations. We bring a balance of IQ and EQ to every engagement, and a depth of business and technical acumen to every problem. We are a team that is driven by following through for our clients, and being upfront, honest and sincere.
The IDC is our Innovation Development Center located in Austin Texas. Here we build custom software using modern technologies to solve complex business problems for our clients where an offshore model would not be successful. We believe the best products and services are realized by knowledgeable tight-knit teams aligned to a shared purpose and understanding. We work hard every day for ourselves and for our clients and are honored to be recognized by Fortune magazine as #8 on their Best Workplaces in Texas 2019 and Great Place to Work as one of their 2019 Best Workplaces in Texas!
- At least 12-15 years in software development, including working in teams
- Responsible for translating business requirements into systems qualities and thence into repeatable design strategies and patterns that enable those qualities (e.g. adaptability, scalability, availability, non-repudiation, reusability, etc.).
- Responsible for enterprise application integration (EAI). This includes defining the opportunities for integration, selecting the tools, specifying the shared data & code resources, defining the interfaces and data-flows, and monitoring the success of said integration.
- Compiles or designs architectural models of current and proposed systems across the enterprise for use internally and in conjunction with Technology Partners.
- Experience with Agile methodologies as well as implementing and leveraging Atlassian tool suite (or like tool suite) for defect management, issues management, code check-in and deployment, and collaboration
- Experience in Java and Open Source technologies
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture concepts and products
- Experience constructing systems by composing smaller components. The breadth could include: SOA, REST, Microservices, Functional Programming
- Experience managing data. The breadth could include: Design of database schema, read/write design trade-off decisions, use of NoSQL stores for appropriate use cases, design of transaction boundaries, systems that trade-off mutable state vs. immutable facts
- Experience in deploying and leveraging software development best practices
Life at OnPrem
We were founded on a culture of collaboration and inclusiveness, and this permeates each of our initiatives, both client-facing and internal. We offer a wide selection of benefits including medical, dental & vision, 401k matching and flexible vacation; we sponsor trainings to advance our teams’ skill sets; we prioritize our employees’ professional growth paths. Currently 200+ people strong in four geographic territories, we’ve been recognized as a “Best Place to Work,” a “Great Place to Work,” “Fastest Growing,” and “A Jewel.”
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Equal Employment Opportunity
OnPrem Solution Partners ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.