Computer Vision Engineer
New York City
OnsiteIQ is a fast growing startup at the forefront of the application of computer vision, 3D modeling, visualization and machine learning technologies to the construction industry. Our systems have collected and mapped millions of images of active construction sites laying the groundwork for a never before seen comprehensive view of the construction process for progress documentation and risk assessment. Our platform utilizes computer vision algorithms to map 360-degree walkthrough videos to a floor plan and automatically analyzes the data for potential safety issues and hazard on the job site. OnSiteIQ's is building THE platform to quantify, assess, and benchmark the construction risk across construction projects, and improve jobsite safety. We are building the future of risk engineering in construction.
The Vision & Artificial Intelligence group at OnsiteIQ is currently searching for a Computer Vision Engineer to join our cutting edge team. This position will involve leading and participating in the development of algorithms, software and systems for visual navigation and 3D modeling (SFM, SLAM, MVS, 3D Mesh Generation), scene understanding and object recognition (could also include event/activity modeling and recognition). You’ll represent our brand and move our mission forward, with responsibility of connecting with construction partners and closing deals. As one of the earliest members of the team and as the founding member of our Account Executive group, you’ll have a lasting impact on our business and work closely with our CEO and CTO in a high transparency role.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical leadership with innovative ideas and algorithms. This includes the generation of IP/Patents.
- Work effectively in a team to achieve the goals of projects and deliver software to our customers.
- Give technical and business presentations to internal staff and management.
- Develop software under robust and agile methods, including design, documentation and revision control practices.Maintain and enhance visibility of OnsiteIQ in the computer vision community.
- Support the development of deployed mobile, web and PC applications that will leverage generated algorithms.
- Confident and focused on the mission, with a consistent record
- Visionary, self-motivated, eager and willing to deliver on exciting challengesConfident, unwavering and determined
- A hands-on problem solver - you’re intellectually curious, you work hard and are able to communicate well cross-functionally
- A strong software engineer skills and communication skills.
- Standout colleague. Able to balance working individually with being part of a team.
Phenomenal team members have:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Robotics or related fields with a focus on Computer Vision or Machine Learning.
- +3 years of experience in computer vision
- Strong software engineering skills and communication skills.
- Solid programming skills, including experience with Python and/or C/C++, object oriented design and software engineering.
- Experience with the fundamentals of SFM, SLAM, MVS and 3D Meshing a big plus.
- Experience with artificial intelligence software packages a plus (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Torch/PyTorch).
What is it like to work at OnSiteIQ?
- We are a team of entrepreneurs hell-bent on changing the world of construction
- Our vision is to have the largest data set of construction risk in the industry
- Our mission is for our technology to touch every construction site in the world to help save lives
- We have crafted the industries strongest team of advisors in construction, risk and real estate
- We are Venture backed by a world-renowned leader in risk and insurtech
- 3 people per day die on construction sites here in the United States
- The vast majority of these fatalities can be avoided by following simple safety protocol
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.