Senior Automation Engineer
Noida, India /
Who We Are
Ontic is the first protective intelligence software company to digitally transform how Fortune 500 and emerging enterprises proactively address physical threat management to protect employees, customers and assets. Ontic’s SaaS-based platform collects and connects threat indicators to provide a comprehensive view of potential threats while surfacing critical knowledge so companies can assess and action more to maintain business continuity and reduce financial impact. Ontic also provides strategic consulting, multidimensional services, education and thought leadership for safety and security professionals at major corporations via its Center for Protective Intelligence. For more information please visit ontic.co
As Ontic employees, we put our mission first and value the trust bestowed upon us by our clients to help keep their people safe. We approach both our clients and each other with empathy while focusing on the execution of our strategy. And we have fun doing it.
- Develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts using Selenium.
- Develop automation framework in Selenium from Scratch
- Integrate Selenium scripts with Jenkins.
- Maintain traceability of functional requirements/Test Cases to automation test scripts.
- Develop automation test strategy and approach.
- Manage automation activities and provide status to stakeholders on accessing overall progress and completion.
- Maintain well-organized records of test results and generate a historical analysis of test results.
- Support overall QA activities such as the development of Test Approach, Test Cases, and manual test execution as needed.
- Works closely with application development and other technical teams to understand how changes in the software product affect the maintenance of test scripts.
- Works with technical resources to discuss and troubleshoot issues.
- Works with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features.
- Works Independently & setup the Automation Process.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- 4+ years of hands on expertise in Selenium and/or Java development.
- BTech/BS/MTech/MS or Computer Science, IT, or related field, or equivalent qualification
- Experience in developing Selenium automation framework from scratch.
- Hands on experience with Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Github.
- Experience in test automation for Agile Continuous Integration/Development.
- Strong defect reporting style and well-versed with the use of Jira
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with BDD (cucumber/gherkin) is a plus
- Experience with CSS regression testing is a plus
- REST/SOAP Cloud Experience. (Optional)
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excitement and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Be open and willing to learn new testing technologies.
- Thoroughness - an eye for the details.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get the work done!
Ontic Benefits & Perks
Home Office Stipend
Continued Education Stipend
Festive & Achievement Celebrations
Dynamic Office Environment
Ontic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable law.