Product / Growth Analyst
Remote (US) /
Universe is the world's first website builder designed for mobile phones. Our mission is to empower everyone to build the internet, starting with serious websites built in under a minute.
We are looking for an experienced product analyst to join our team and help us use data to drive business and product decisions on an ongoing basis. This person should be a detailed-oriented analytical professional who takes pride in seeing the "big picture" and is ready to do high-leverage work right away while laying the foundation for future team growth. You will be the first product analyst on the team and your work will have outsized impact long into the future.
No need to have everything on this list, but we are looking for someone who has at least some of the following characteristics:
- Define and perform ongoing analysis that helps the entire company confidently answer the question "what do our successful and less-successful users do once they discover us?" This answer will change over time, and you will be the proactive leader who pushes us to find the answer(s)
- Work with the product (design and engineering) team to define the right metrics to judge the success of (and gaps in) our product, and to test and validate hypotheses along the way
- Work with the growth team to design, implement and analyze experiments that will inform product development through iterative improvement and accurate measurement
- Set the analytical foundation for the entire company: set a high bar for ad hoc analysis, create automated dashboards and self-serve reporting tools as needed to ensure everyone at Universe has access to the right data
- Be a storytelling partner to the leadership team: institute regular reporting on product patterns and trends that the CEO (and rest of the company) can rely on to tell a compelling, accurate story to the team, investors, the press, and the rest of the world
- 5+ years of analytics / data science experience in a product-relevant environment (your title may not have been product analyst, but you have worked with product managers, engineers, or other product stakeholders)
- SQL expertise (and a well-informed point of view on when to use other tools or languages - R, Python, etc)
- Experience with tools like Tableau, Segment, Amplitude, and Mode Analytics
- Excellent data visualization skills. You are the kind of person who cares about the readability, consistency, and overall utility of the charts and graphs you create
- Great communication skills beyond your charts! You are someone who takes pride in looking at a hundred details, but synthesizing a conclusion or recommendation into just a few sentences
- Willingness to be scrappy - to do whatever it takes to push growth forward in an early-stage environment
- Nice to have: prior experience with consumer-facing apps. Must have: lots of enthusiasm for the specific opportunity we're tackling at Universe!
We value individual agency and ownership—which guides our product design and our company’s culture. While other companies offer lots of perks, we prioritize your freedom: work from anywhere, in the way you’re at your best. We believe that an individual’s capacity for growth is far larger than most understand, and we’ve designed an environment to support rapid, continuous learning. Ideas here come from everyone, initiative is respected, and quality matters. We are here to build something special and enduring.
We are a remote 20+ person company with people all over the US. We joined Y Combinator in 2018 and have raised $17.2mm in financing from Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Javelin Venture Partners, Box Group, and more top investors.