Workplace Experience Manager
Los Angeles /
UpKeep is revolutionizing the way businesses maintain their facilities and equipment. We’re a Series B SaaS startup with remote teams around the world. We’ve raised $50M in venture capital funding and recently surpassed 10,000 customers! UpKeep quickly became the #1 cloud-based maintenance and asset management software application by constantly innovating and always putting our customers first.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace.
UpKeep’s Workplace Experience Manager will be responsible for providing our hybrid workforce with a fantastic employee experience, both in the office and remotely. As part of the People team, you will collaborate across departments to help build and maintain a world class day-to-day experience for our team. In addition to managing facilities operations, you will work with the People team to strategically think about how our workplace needs to scale to support our growing team.
What you'll do:
- Work with the People team and Hiring Managers to provide a scalable, world class onboarding program for all new team members.
- Partner with Community department on coordination of internal events for our team.
- Partner with Recruiting to ensure we are providing an excellent experience for job candidates.
- Identify new initiatives to elevate the employee experience and contribute to positive employee engagement both in our physical office and for those working from home.
- Ensure that employees have access to and are compliant with operational policies, such as our Hybrid Remote-Conscious Policy and our Travel Policy.
- Ensure the office runs smoothly, including but not limited to keeping all office equipment up-to-date and functional, managing installations and repairs, and working with onsite vendors such as catering, cleaning services, electricians, and any other contractors needed to run the office.
- Manage day-to-day facilities operations (such as distributing building access keys, managing employee parking, overseeing desk hotelling and reservation system, etc.)
- Partner with our Landlord or key stakeholders to explore better use of the space and organize repairs.
- Facilitate all ordering for workspace supplies and home office equipment, and oversee budget.
- Responsible for retrieving, sorting and distribution of mail.
- Partner with IT to ensure employees have the equipment they need to be successful in their roles.
- Work with HR Director and IT to ensure equipment is collected and physical and virtual access is removed during offboarding.
- Manage our travel management system and support employees with travel questions as needed.
- Fulfill UpKeep Edge outgoing shipments, process incoming shipments, and manage communications across all internal stakeholders.
A little about you:
- Excellent customer service skills, with a “no task is too small” mindset
- Great verbal and written communication skills, with ability to interact with and collaborate with employees at all levels
- A true passion for creating a positive experience and culture for your team members
In this full-time position, you'll receive top-notch benefits such as equity/stock options, paid holidays, 12-week parental leave, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401k, and affordable medical, dental, vision and mental health insurance options. We value a work/life balance and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, from an idea he had while working as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a cloud-based, mobile-first software solution could drastically improve the workflow and productivity of maintenance teams, technicians, and facility managers. He was determined to build on this vision— so he learned how to code and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014.
Today, we’re simplifying and modernizing work orders for half a million people in over 50 countries. Our 80+ team members are focused on ensuring UpKeep is the smartest and easiest-to-use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software available. We have customers in industries like manufacturing, food production, education, healthcare, property management, hospitality, energy, and transportation. In addition to providing data-driven insights and reporting, UpKeep gives users the ability to manage tasks and teams on-the-go.
Top VC’s including Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, and Mucker have confidently backed us since we graduated from Y Combinator in 2017. Here’s an interesting fact: Only 1% of all software venture capital is invested in the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. That’s over 100 million people in the U.S. alone! We’re committed to empowering those underserved deskless workers.
Company culture and employee appreciation are very important to us, which is why we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Inc. Magazine and Built in LA.
Interested in learning more?
$36M Series B:
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need any accommodation due to a disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.