Product & Engineering /
UpKeep is the leading cloud-based Asset Operations Management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities and maintenance work. We provide mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. Our innovative technology is modernizing workflows and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We're a Series B tech startup with 100+ team members across the US. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, FrontRunners on Software Advice, and CMMS Leader on IDC MarketScape.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Experience operating and maintaining live web services and troubleshooting live issues
- Experience developing fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience defining team-level technical processes, such as code reviews and testing
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS)
- Experience developing technologies such as React, Node.js, GraphQL, PostgresDB
- Experience developing and operating services at scale
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the systems that drive our platform.
- Drive designs of major software components, systems, and features within your squad and also cross teams.
- Use your understanding of the product and our business goals to build proven and high quality solutions inline with our long-term strategy.
- Work closely with engineering and product managers in your team and across teams.
- Analyze website performance and implement solutions for improvement; including unit and integration tests.
- Participate in code review, deployment, and improvements to our ability to ship reliable code.
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload - makes timely decisions, prioritises effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Technically proficient – able to apply the technical knowledge and skills required in the job role and responsibilities in order to achieve the expected outputs.
- Takes responsibility for own learning - knows personal strengths, recognizes development needs, and takes action to improve. Is open to feedback and always seeks to learn.
- Communicates ideas – respectfully exchange information and proposes a way forward. Listen to views of colleagues and take in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares knowledge and information, fosters teamwork and contributes to a positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence - acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the company values.
- Act as a good citizen of UpKeep.
- This role will receive a competitive salary + company bonus + benefits + equity. The base salary for US-based employees may expect offers in the below ranges for this role: $124,000 - 140,000.
- A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Your personal and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation, 10 days of sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, HSA with employer paid contribution, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
Company History & Product:
UpKeep was founded in 2014 by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep from his family's garage!
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors solve problems for thousands of businesses around the world. Our Asset Operations Management solutions, coupled with powerful cloud ecosystems, empower maintenance and facilities teams to achieve their digital transformation goals. We are providing meaningful value to an underserved, blue-collar workforce by streamlining workflows, improving collaboration, and making it easy to manage work orders and projects from anywhere, anytime!
We've raised $50 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate in discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.
At UpKeep, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products, and our community to flourish. UpKeep is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.