Full Stack Engineer
Product & Engineering /
UpKeep is revolutionizing the way businesses maintain their facilities and equipment. We’re a Series B SaaS startup with remote teams around the world. We’ve raised $50M in venture capital funding and recently surpassed 10,000 customers! UpKeep quickly became the #1 cloud-based maintenance and asset management software application by constantly innovating and always putting our customers first.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace.
We are a Node.js shop with a React/Angular frontend. Our platform is built with Express and GraphQL in a microservices architecture. Our infrastructure is on top of AWS and maintained with Terraform. We are using both MongoDB & PostgreSQL. We are 100% containerized with docker, and orchestrated with Kubernetes, and we use Helm to tie it all together in our CI pipeline.
What you'll do:
- Feature development of React/Angular UI application
- Build APIs, stand up a DB, pitch in on release tooling, and handle both back end and front end development
- Write Node.js API services to connect frontend code
- As part of the backend team, work closely with product designers
- Participate in code review
- Write unit and functional tests with Jest, Mocha, or other
- Write automated UI tests using Selenium, TestCafe, or other
- Assist with the maintenance and optimization of our DBs (MongoDB & PostregSQL)
- Participate in deployment, manage tooling, improve our ability to ship code
- 2+ years' experience in frontend and backend development required
- Strong experience with Node and API development required
- Experience working in an AWS ecosystem required
- Strong foundation in Micro Service Architecture, design and development preferred
- Experience with MongoDB & PostregSQL querying preferred
- Strong experience developing in React / Angular, UI development preferred
- Experience working in GraphQL preferred
- Experience with relational database design a plus
- Experience with Mobile development a plus
- BS in Computer science or equivalent preferred
This is a full-time, salaried, remote position.
As a member of our engineering team, you will play a vital part in providing our customers with software that is easy to use, guarantees mobility, and streamlines communication across teams. At UpKeep, our goal isn’t to automate the blue-collar worker’s job through AI, machine learning, or big data; it’s to empower maintenance teams to become twice as productive and allow them to receive recognition for their meaningful work that is often lost in a paper trail.
In this full-time position, you'll receive top-notch benefits such as equity/stock options, paid holidays, 12-week parental leave, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401k, and affordable medical, dental, vision and mental health insurance options. We value a work/life balance and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, from an idea he had while working as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a cloud-based, mobile-first software solution could drastically improve the workflow and productivity of maintenance teams, technicians, and facility managers. He was determined to build on this vision— so he learned how to code and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014.
Today, we’re simplifying and modernizing work orders for half a million people in over 50 countries. Our 80+ team members are focused on ensuring UpKeep is the smartest and easiest-to-use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software available. We have customers in industries like manufacturing, food production, education, healthcare, property management, hospitality, energy, and transportation. In addition to providing data-driven insights and reporting, UpKeep gives users the ability to manage tasks and teams on-the-go.
Top VC’s including Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, and Mucker have confidently backed us since we graduated from Y Combinator in 2017. Here’s an interesting fact: Only 1% of all software venture capital is invested in the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. That’s over 100 million people in the U.S. alone! We’re committed to empowering those underserved deskless workers.
Company culture and employee appreciation are very important to us, which is why we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Inc. Magazine and Built in LA.
Interested in learning more?
$36M Series B:
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need any accommodation due to a disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.