Director of Data Science and Analytics
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Data and Analytics – Data and Analytics
About OODA Health
Founded in 2017 by a team of experienced digital health and technology executives, OODA Health is transforming the administration of healthcare. Today, the US healthcare system wastes $400 billion every year on an outdated and broken claims adjudication process that creates friction and frustration for payers, providers and patients alike. Patients wrestle with surprise bills that arrive months after care is received and are impossible to understand. Providers suffer unexpected denials and delays for reimbursement, and chase patients for payment rather than focus on delivering care. Payers are locked in zero sum negotiations with providers, unable to advance care management goals.
OODA Health is transforming the administrative experience in healthcare by enabling collaborative, real-time interactions between providers, members and payers. With the OODA Health solution, claims adjudication will be instantaneous, and providers will be paid upon patient checkout. Payers will assume responsibility for patient collections, guaranteeing immediate payment to the provider and relieving physicians from chasing patients for money. Care management strategies will be based on real-time patient risk models, rather than retrospective claim reviews. Critical interactions will occur at the point of care, rather than months after an encounter.
We are a passionate, growing team looking for dedicated teammates to make a major impact on the healthcare system. We are committed to living our company values to provide a positive and dynamic working environment for our team members. Based on the principle of Colonel John Boyd’s OODA Loop, we know we must move quickly and with purpose to effect meaningful change in healthcare.
We are looking for an experienced manager and leader to lead our Data Science and Analytics teams, and to help us discover and extract information from data in claims, EHRs, and other healthcare-related data sets. The work will support information insights, discovery, and construction of predictive analytics and automation products.
Your primary focus will be working closely with clients and internal stakeholders throughout the company to understand problems and shape investigations so as to create significant value, and then guiding and supporting a team to deliver that value.
- Work with the team and the company to find the highest value analyses and models
- Provide regular feedback and learning opportunities for our team to grow
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Build long term strategies for proper management, accessibility, and utility of our data
- Build tools and processes to facilitate rapid delivery of accurate, clear, and useful reports
- Guide product, engineering, and other teams to gather data well and to interpret and use analytics appropriately
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of learning algorithms and approaches to building models from data
- Understanding of the methods in machine learning such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, H2O, Python libraries, Spark-ML, MatLab, etc.
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig and analytics platforms such as SLOR or Elastic Search
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience managing substantial code bases
- Data-oriented personality
- Formal training in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant field
- Familiarity with Healthcare datasets and business models a plus
OODA Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. OODA Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.