Head of Sales and Business Development
SF / Bay Area /
Opaque Systems is a data privacy startup born out of UC Berkeley. Our founding team comprises leading computer science professors and graduate students in security and systems, who also have extensive prior entrepreneurship experience (Databricks, PreVeil). The company raised a $9.5M Series Seed from Intel Capital, Race Capital, The House Fund, and FactoryHQ.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of confidential data that is currently locked down due to privacy concerns. To make confidential data useful without compromising on privacy, we’re building a next generation platform to drive secure analytics and machine learning directly on encrypted data. Our platform is powered by cutting-edge technology that builds upon years of published research and commercializes the MC² Project.
We’re looking for people who:
∙ Will help us set and maintain a high-performance and inclusive culture
∙ Share our passion for consumer and data privacy, and our vision for disrupting big data analytics with confidential computing
∙ Are self-starters — those with detail and quality-oriented approaches who want to make impact and who will help shape the company.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Head of Sales and Business Development to help us expand our clientele and create new business opportunities. You will be the face of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
In this role you will
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Develop and/or refine initial sales / marketing content
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Improve productivity of existing markets, and accelerate customer adoption and success
- Work with Product Management to develop roadmap and PoCs aligned with customer demand
- Develop a customer engagement playbook
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- Experience working in a startup environment taking products “from 0 to 1”
- Proven sales track record, meeting or exceeding your quotas
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Familiarity with the security and/or data analysis markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Time management and planning skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
- Having a technical background would be a plus!
Note that due to the ongoing situation, we will be working remotely until further notice.
We're excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!