Software Engineer - Full Stack
SF / Bay Area /
Opaque Systems is a data privacy startup born out of UC Berkeley. Our founding team comprises leading computer science professors and graduate students in security and systems, who also have extensive prior entrepreneurship experience (Databricks, PreVeil). The company raised a $9.5M Series Seed from Intel Capital, Race Capital, The House Fund, and FactoryHQ.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of confidential data that is currently locked down due to privacy concerns. To make confidential data useful without compromising on privacy, we’re building a next generation platform to drive secure analytics and machine learning directly on encrypted data. Our platform is powered by cutting-edge technology that builds upon years of published research and commercializes the MC² Project.
We’re looking for people who:
∙ Will help us set and maintain a high-performance and inclusive culture
∙ Share our passion for consumer and data privacy, and our vision for disrupting big data analytics with confidential computing
∙ Are self-starters — those with detail and quality-oriented approaches who want to make impact and who will help shape the company.
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant professional software engineering experience
- Passion for user experience and design, and familiarity with UI/UX design patterns
- Deep understanding of front-end architecture
- Strong familiarity with server-side web technologies (eg: Nodejs, Python, Scala, C++)
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience with cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, Docker
As part of your role you will:
- Make design and architectural decisions that will lay the foundation for our user-facing application and iterate on the existing MVP
- Develop high quality software that enables users to unlock insights drawn from confidential data and makes the user experience a delight
- Work with a team of leading security and systems experts
- Communicate your work to a broader audience through talks, tutorials, and blog posts
- Help us to build and shape a world class company
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
Note that due to the ongoing situation, we will be working remotely until further notice.
We're excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!