Full Stack Engineer
Opaque Systems is a data privacy startup born out of UC Berkeley. Our founding team comprises leading computer science researchers in security and systems with extensive prior entrepreneurship experience (Databricks, Anyscale, PreVeil). We've raised a $9.5M Seed, with funding from Intel Capital, Race Capital, The House Fund, and FactoryHQ.
Our mission is to unleash confidential data from its current security constraints by building a next generation platform to drive secure analytics and machine learning directly on encrypted data. Our platform is powered by cutting-edge technology that builds upon years of published research and commercializes the MC² Project.
We’re looking for people who:
∙ Will help us set and maintain a high-performance and inclusive culture
∙ Share our passion for consumer and data privacy, and our vision for disrupting big data analytics and machine learning with confidential computing
∙ Are self-starters — those with detail and quality-oriented approaches who want to make impact and who will help shape the company
What You'll Do
- Develop backend applications using modern web technologies and tools, e.g. Python, Flask
- Work closely with frontend engineers to design and implement APIs
- Design a robust full stack architecture that will lay the foundation for future engineering
- Actively participate in customer POCs
- Communicate your work to a broader audience through talks, tutorials, and blog posts
- Work closely with product and marketing to refine and advertise what you've built
- Help us build and shape a world class company
What We Look For
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience designing and building backend APIs
- 3+ years of experience with full stack development
- Nice to have: some familiarity with React and Docker
∙ 99% employer-covered health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
∙ 401(k) plan
∙ Equity awards
∙ Flexible time off
∙ Monthly commuter benefits
∙ Home office reimbursement
∙ Team lunches (regardless of whether you're remote or in office!)
We offer a fully remote working model with the option to come into our office in San Francisco as you please.
We're excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!