SF / Bay Area /
Opaque Systems is a data privacy startup born out of UC Berkeley. Our founding team comprises leading computer science professors and graduate students in security and systems, who also have extensive prior entrepreneurship experience (Databricks, PreVeil). The company raised a $9.5M Series Seed from Intel Capital, Race Capital, The House Fund, and FactoryHQ.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of confidential data that is currently locked down due to privacy concerns. To make confidential data useful without compromising on privacy, we’re building a next generation platform to drive secure analytics and machine learning directly on encrypted data. Our platform is powered by cutting-edge technology that builds upon years of published research and commercializes the MC² Project.
We’re looking for people who:
∙ Will help us set and maintain a high-performance and inclusive culture
∙ Share our passion for consumer and data privacy, and our vision for disrupting big data analytics with confidential computing
∙ Are self-starters — those with detail and quality-oriented approaches who want to make impact and who will help shape the company.
Some things we're looking for:
- Experience building and deploying production systems
- Experience benchmarking and improving system performance
- Experience working with (and on!) big data / data analytics frameworks like Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience working with secure enclaves
- Proficiency in systems, database, and/or security concepts
- Proficiency in Python and C++
- 2+ years of professional experience -- please apply to our Software Engineer (New Grad) position if you don't yet meet this requirement
As part of your role, you will:
- Make design and architectural decisions that will lay the foundation for our codebase
- Have the freedom to choose which features/components to work on
- Develop high quality software to unlock insights drawn from confidential data
- Work with a team of leading security and systems experts
- Communicate your work to a broader audience through talks, tutorials, and blog posts
- Help us to build and shape a world class company
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
Note that due to the ongoing situation, we will be working remotely until further notice.
We're excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!