Opaque Systems is a data privacy startup born out of UC Berkeley. Our founding team comprises leading computer science researchers in security and systems with extensive prior entrepreneurship experience (Databricks, Anyscale, PreVeil). We've raised a $9.5M Seed, with funding from Intel Capital, Race Capital, The House Fund, and FactoryHQ.
Our mission is to unleash confidential data from its current security constraints by building a next generation platform to drive secure analytics and machine learning directly on encrypted data. Our platform is powered by cutting-edge technology that builds upon years of published research and commercializes the MC² Project.
We’re looking for people who:
∙ Will help us set and maintain a high-performance and inclusive culture
∙ Share our passion for consumer and data privacy, and our vision for disrupting big data analytics and machine learning with confidential computing
∙ Are self-starters — those with detail and quality-oriented approaches who want to make impact and who will help shape the company
About the Role
As a Frontend Engineer, you'll work with the engineering, design, and product teams to build delightful interfaces and workflows that make secure computation simple and frictionless. We're looking for engineers to build novel yet intuitive experiences that focus on the end user.
What You'll Do
- Build workflows to create and configure large-scale compute clusters, share data, and run jobs
- Collaborate closely with the design and product teams to create a delightful user experience
- Transform Figma mock-ups into beautiful prototypes
- Actively participate in customer POCs
- Communicate your work to a broader audience through talks, tutorials, and blog posts
- Help us build and shape a world class company
What We Look For
- BS/BA in Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience building user-facing products with an emphasis on customer value
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices, including performance, accessibility, security and usability
- Experience working cross-functionally to gather and deliver on requirements
- Nice to have: experience with Docker / containerization
∙ 99% employer-covered health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
∙ 401(k) plan
∙ Equity awards
∙ Flexible time off
∙ Monthly commuter benefits
∙ Home office reimbursement
∙ Team lunches (regardless of whether you're remote or in office!)
We offer a fully remote working model with the option to come into our office in San Francisco as you please.
We're excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!