Member of Technical Staff
Data quality and quantity can make or break any machine learning application. Here at OpenAI we are looking for a data engineer to lead dataset creation, curation, and management for a wide variety of applied and research projects, from creating the next ImageNet to scaling our language models with new data sources. You’ll be an integral part of a team of software and machine learning engineers and research scientists working on some of the most cutting-edge AI projects in the field.
- Own the process of finding, cleaning, curating, and storing large-scale datasets, and making them maximally accessible within OpenAI
- Develop and apply machine learning-based cleaning and curation techniques, innovating and pushing the boundaries of existing methods
- Develop and scale data architecture for your team, and design reusable data infrastructure that can be applied across OpenAI
- Partner with software engineering and machine learning experts from across the company
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you are:
- Results-driven and enjoy working closely with a team
- Comfortable and excited by working in large, distributed systems
- Excited to develop and apply new and existing techniques
- Familiar with the basics of machine learning
- Engaged by OpenAI’s mission of building safe and beneficial artificial general intelligence.
We’re building safe Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), and ensuring it leads to a good outcome for humans. We believe that unreasonably great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
Unlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks per year)
Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day