OpenAI Fellows – Fall 2018 Cohort
The OpenAI Fellows program is for people who want to want to be AI researchers and have previously demonstrated excellence in another field.
As a Fellow, you'll work with a mentor to develop your understanding and perform a research project. This program runs for 6 months, which consists of a 2-month period of background learning and exploration followed by 4 months of working on a research project.
Here are a few things we'd like to see in a candidate:
- Objective achievements in another field, such as creating a large software system, awards in math/science/programming contests, or authoring highly-cited publications
- Strong technical research experience in another field
- Open-source reimplementations of deep learning algorithms which replicate performance from the papers
In order to succeed in this program, we require:
- Programming skills - Python is the lingua franca for this sort of work.
- A strong understanding of Linear Algebra, Calculus, and Statistics.
- That you are motivated by AI and its potential.
We will give preference to:
- People who can join OpenAI full-time after finishing the fellowship
- People who have taken the initiative to self-study AI before starting the fellowship.
Applications are open starting May 30th at 9AM PST, and will close on July 8th at 12AM PST.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will notify accepted fellows by July 31st. We may close applications early if we reach capacity (6 Fellows positions available) before July 8th.
This cohort will begin on September 24th, 2018 and will end on April 5th, 2019. Participants will work from our San Francisco office during that time and should expect this to be a 40+ hour/week commitment.