OpenBB is a leading open-source investment research software platform that provides access to high-quality financial market data and analytical tools. Our mission is to make investment research effective, powerful, and accessible to everyone.
We are seeking a talented Product Designer to join our team and help us achieve this goal. You will get to have a real impact in the financial industry by making key contributions to the OpenBB Terminal Pro - an advanced investment research application built on top of our open-source platform. This unique opportunity involves close collaboration with our product and engineering team to build a truly successful product.
About the job:
As a Product Designer at OpenBB, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the user experience of our investment research software. Your primary focus will be on UX design and talking with customers, but you will also be actively involved in UI design. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand user needs, conduct usability testing, and translate insights into user-centric design solutions. Your efforts will aid in creating a best-in-class financial research platform that meets the diverse needs of our users.
Collaborative Problem Solving:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product and Engineering, to understand product roadmap and prioritize features based on user feedback.
- Propose optimal user workflows and contribute to the design of mockups, actively seeking clarification and input when needed.
- Drive design alignment and decisions via rapid prototyping and iterating in collaboration with product management engineering, and executive leadership.
- Provide guidance and mentorship in terms of UX to other designers, helping them grow in their roles and skill sets.
User Research and Persona Development:
- Lead user interviews and usability testing sessions to gain deep insights into their workflows, pain points, and needs.
- Create and maintain user personas based on research findings to guide design decisions.
- Collect and share user feedback with the team in the form of requirements to drive product improvements.
Active Product Usage & Competitor Analysis:
- Play an integral role in using and testing OpenBB's products regularly.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement based on your hands-on experience and how it ties in with customers' feedback.
- Take an active role in the Design process by testing out competitor products and mapping the shortfalls and our key differentiators
- Identify areas for product enhancement and innovation, in terms of UX and product features.
- Proven experience in product design, with a strong focus on User Research.
- Experience with investment research products (e.g. Bloomberg, Refinitiv, FactSet, YCharts, …) is a big plus. Interest in investment research is mandatory.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience conducting usability testing and user interviews.
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for user research and for creating user-friendly interfaces.
- A strong background or a keen interest in finance and investment is a significant advantage, as it will enable you to better understand and address the specific needs of our user base.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum development teams in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment is a plus
- Proficient in English — ability to communicate effectively in English is crucial as we operate in an international environment and collaborate with clients and colleagues from around the world.