Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway! Take Quintin for example. He joined Opencare from a large Consumer Packaged Goods organization, and is now applying his skillset in a small, fast-paced start-up environment. Quintin is focused on supply & demand balancing in our marketplace. Learning how to solve this problem from a healthcare lens is an enriching challenge. Working cross-functionally with sales has allowed Quintin to identify new levers of growth for Demand that we’d never thought of before. Opencare would not be the same without him.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Demand Team’s Vision
In order for Opencare to truly impact a change in people’s perceptions around dentistry, we need to attract patients to our platform, and effectively communicate the “why” behind this vision. We want to build a world where going to the dentist is a regular part of your overall wellness routine, and allow for proactive and well-informed decisions to be made around who you trust with this important part of your health.
How will you help to get us there?
As our Facebook Lead, you will lead the development, planning, and execution of our largest marketing channel. So far, we’ve managed to build an acquisition engine that enables tens of thousands of patients to find their dream dentist every month (as a reference, that’s enough to fill an entire sports arena), but that’s just the beginning. The right candidate is going to level up our entire Facebook operations, from building processes that help us automate media buying decisions across hundreds of ads, to developing creative campaigns that other marketing teams envy, to testing big ideas that push the boundaries of what’s possible on Facebook. Opencare has the potential to become one of the biggest advertisers on Facebook in North America and we’re looking for someone who’s up for that challenge.
Your impact, 6 months into the role:
- Managing a rapidly scaling $1-3M / month performance budget while hitting demanding CPA targets and reducing incremental spend
- Owning the strategic roadmap for Facebook, our largest revenue-driving channel
- Collaborating with our in-house creative team to develop highly effective ads
- Collaborating with the Data team to implement improved business intelligence
- Presenting key learnings to the Growth team in our weekly meetings, while also being able to effectively communicate performance and vision to the executive team
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Playing a key role in hiring, training and developing a world-class Facebook team to lead campaign execution, optimization & analysis, and overseeing highly detail-oriented, tactical execution from that team
- Collaborating with our Growth and Product teams to run high tempo experiments to increase our funnel conversion rate
- Implementing a more holistic marketing strategy on Facebook that guides patients through their buying journey from awareness to conversion
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- 5+ years of performance marketing experience on Facebook
- Deep expertise and knowledge of user acquisition and performance marketing strategies for consumer businesses and/or marketplaces
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and optimize multi-million dollar per month acquisition budgets
- Demonstrated ability to drive major incremental volume & returns from creative development, creative testing & creative iteration
- A balance of data-driven and analytical skills coupled with demonstrated creative campaign wins
- Strong marketing fundamentals including behavioural psychology, CRO, data analytics, and copywriting
- Proven experience directly managing a high performing team (or if not, a track record of successful mentorship and coaching)
What we offer you
Ownership: from day one, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Dundas and University
- Culture is our number one priority -- which is why we have such an amazing team!
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more)