Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Product Team’s Vision
In order to achieve our vision, we need an extraordinary Product team that is passionate, data-driven, and above all builds products that enrich the lives of our patients and providers. We are a technology company that happens to be in healthcare, and we treat ourselves as such.
Our Product team works daily to improve the experience of everyone who uses in our marketplace: patients, healthcare providers, and the Opencare team! We collaborate as a team using data to distill clear goals then work towards them, making sure we fall in love with the problems we set out to solve, not specific solutions. We always have the humility to say when a feature works and when we need to continue to improve.
How will you help to get us there?
As a Product Analyst at Opencare, you'll spend your days working with an entire company’s worth of product-minded colleagues to assess the potential impact of various features we can build, analyze the behaviour of our users and figure out how to apply these behaviours to help all of our users, and help other teams contextualize their product feature requests and how they prioritize against each other.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Analyzing experiments we have run and helping us choose winners or determining key takeaways from the product changes we make
- Determining the success of user-focused experiments
- Understanding the traits of our best dentists and helping us prioritize where to invest with product features (eg. response time, medium, message content, etc.)
- Delivering insights to help answer key business questions
- Working effectively with all parts of the organization: Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, Support and collaborating directly with our Engineers and Product Managers, acting as their go-to partner in analysis
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Contributing to strategic product decisions and being the subject matter expert on what it means for our users (patients or dental practices) to be successful
- Identifying actionable, value-added optimization and efficiency opportunities, and contributing to the continuous improvement of Opencare’s data infrastructure
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- The exceptional ability to communicate the results of your analysis in dashboards and written and verbal reports
- A strong background writing and communicating with technical and non-technical audiences and building data and analytics processes that help teams scale
- Experience tracking and evaluating product KPIs coupled with the ability to interpret them so that we’re able to make decisions
- Demonstrated experience building and deploying reporting solutions that enable decision-making across the organization using tools such as Looker, Periscope, Amplitude, Mixpanel, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL (eg. any one of: PostgreSQL / Redshift, MySQL / MariaDB, SQLite, MSSQL, etc.)
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Develop your ability to build products that users love as you work closer with PM’s, Designers, and Engineers. You’ll do this by:
- Grow your skills in data engineering and data science by working with Opencare’s Data team. This could include:
Uncovering opportunities by performing and analyzing user interviews
Assessing features and building a thoughtful product roadmap
Deeply understanding and being a thought leader at Opencare on what makes users successful in our product
Developing modeling and coding skills (Python / R), including machine learning techniques
Diving deep on how to communicate data to both technical and non-technical audiences
Actively engaging in data and analytics infrastructure / tool selection and implementation
What we offer you
Ownership: from day one, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare. We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team!
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).