Director, Marketplace Operations
Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway! Stephen is a great example of this celebration of diverse experiences. Accountant by training, Stephen took time away to travel to Japan and teach English. When he returned he joined a small marketplace start-up in an operations role. 4 years later, and having launched 7 cities and evolved the companies operations, he joined Opencare to be our Chief of Staff. This range of experiences (and successes) gave Stephen the confidence to take on an exceptionally broad and challenging role which would be intimidating for most people! Everyone’s journey is different, so tell us yours.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
How will you help to get us there?
So far, we’ve launched 7 cities that help thousands of patients find their dream dentist every month. We’re looking for someone to own our expansion strategy and help us grow to the next 30 cities across North America, so we can serve the next million patients.
As a member of our Executive team, you will connect and direct our Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Operations teams to ensure all of our markets are healthy and growing. By looking at the data, gathering context from those on the ground, and bringing your strategic thinking to bear, you’ll identify opportunities and help our teams execute on them. You’ll bring a passion for rapidly expanding marketplace businesses and strong affinity for finding answers in data.
Your impact, 6 months into the role:
- Own strategic growth decisions for the marketplace business and be accountable to deliver on aggressive growth goals
- Manage target setting by market in coordination with other functional teams and own marketplace P&L
- Oversee the execution of our marketplace playbook and collaborate with other functional teams to scale all of our existing markets
- Develop KPIs to measure marketplace health and report these at the executive and board level. This means working closely with the data team to build accessible, intuitive, business-intelligence systems to aid decision making and sharing of key business insights.
- Build out the city launch playbook by developing a framework for determining which cities hold the biggest opportunities for us, and how to realise them
- Manage the successful launch and scaling of 3-4 major US cities, ensuring that we hit revenue and sales numbers
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Hire, train and build a world-class Marketplace Operations team that will lead our expansion strategy towards 20+ cities in the US & Canada
- Contribute to the growth and go-to-market strategies of our next product lines
- Form a strong partnership with FP&A function to ensure we have robust modelling and forecasting of future city launches
- Create the framework for continued growth of our marketplaces and share your learnings of all the levers we have to influence marketplace dynamics
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- As an experienced marketplace operator, you’re excited to play a pivotal role in accelerating a high potential marketplace
- Supply and demand balancing is what gets you out of bed in the morning and you’re invigorated by finding equilibrium
- You thrive in the ambiguity of early-stage start up’s and you love rolling up your sleeves to get deep into the data. Dashboards. Complex queries. Automated reporting. All in a day’s work!
- Strong ability to influence and lead others, as this role requires a significant amount of cross-functional work, especially with the Sales and Marketing teams
- Coaching mindset; you’ve helped individuals grow and scale with the business and you’re eager to build out a team of high-performers once again
- Demonstrated ability managing multi-million dollar budgets and inspiring teams cross-functionally
- Highly data-driven, with understanding of SQL and business intelligence software
What we offer you
Ownership: from day one, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Dundas and University
- Culture is our number one priority -- which is why we have such an amazing team!
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more)