PH - Accountant
Finance & Data /
Philippines Finance Contract
Before you read any further: Our strength at Opencare relies on the diversity of perspective that we work hard to craft on our team. We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense. That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
Our Finance Team’s Vision
In order to achieve our vision, our finance team enables the organization to rapidly iterate and understand the impact of our decisions, to assist our practices in delivering top notch patient experiences. Our finance team spans across the organization and is a key player in such decision making as sales strategy, product & engineering investment, and fundraising.
How will you help to get us there?
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for the accurate recording of the company’s books and reconciling the accounts for a timely monthly close. You will ensure the monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings are submitted and will be responsible for the accounts payables process and reconciliation. You will provide insights for our Manager, Finance to more effectively operate the finance function.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Managing our bookkeeping, account reconciliation process and the month-end closing activities including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, sales tax computations, and other accounting duties in a timely manner
- Compiling accounts payable information into our tracking sheets and ensuring items are paid and reconciled in our systems, and providing insights into payables
- Managing our payment platforms to pay our vendors and contractors in a timely manner
- Maintain our banking and treasury functions along with our cash management activities
- Working with the people operations team to compile payroll information for reconciliation and entry purposes
- Completing tax filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and assisting with 1099 forms
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Analyzing spending and providing recommendations, while conducting analysis on the benefits of alternative options
- Collecting inputs from stakeholders across the organization to update our monthly budgets and financial projections
- Providing oversight on the accounts receivable function
- Drafting financial reports and conducting a variance analysis on a month-to-month basis to guide our decision making
- Submitting and complete monthly/quarterly data requests from our investors
- Supporting ad-hoc analyses regarding the company’s operations and ROI on spend
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- Self starter who is looking to take ownership of the day-to-day bookkeeping and reporting inquiries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders both internally and externally
- Critical thinker that want to investigate and ensure items reconcile, and payments are managed appropriately
- CPA is nice to have, but not required.
- Experience with Xero, Google Sheets, Dext, Plooto considered an asset.
What skills will you have the opportunity to develop?
- Working with large data sets to create relevant operational and financial reports and spreadsheets/google sheets
- Hands on experience with many different types of resources and tools that raise the bar for efficiency and process improvement