Creative & Branding
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist inspires fear and confusion in most people. That doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We are currently hiring an Art Director to help bring our brand strategy to life. You’ll join a team of high performing marketers who are responsible for managing a multi-million dollar advertising budget and delivering scalable and profitable marketing campaigns across a variety of channels. This is the right opportunity for an experienced art director who is hungry to build a high potential brand from the ground up.
About this role...
- As the first creative hire on the marketing team you need to be comfortable developing high level strategy whilst also rolling up your sleeves and doing execution work
- You have the opportunity to develop and implement a visual identity that helps Opencare differentiate itself from an opaque, needlessly complex, and antiquated dental care industry
- Continuous innovation is critical and finding engaging ways to visually communicate our brand, whilst driving key business results, is an exciting challenge
- Partnership with the marketing team to develop clear and effective creative briefs
- You will use data, customer insights, and other forms of research to create thoughtful advertising designs, emails, landing pages, and other marketing collateral
- Crucial role in defining key creative roles to hire both in-house and freelance, and overseeing this hiring process
- Leading design critiques to gather & provide constructive feedback, and make critical design decisions that shape the future of our marketing
- You will bring a strong design point of view to our team and educate the whole company on design thinking methodologies and frameworks
What you bring to the role...
- 5+ years experience as an art director either in-house or in agency environments
- Extensive experience developing digital assets with a focus on performance
- You believe in an a highly iterative and data-driven approach to improving design; fast and good is better than slow and perfect!
- You thrive in environments where designs and ideas are thoughtfully challenged in the pursuit of a better outcome and you have the confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally
- Takes joy from mentoring and coaching in others - you want to be a thought-leader in the creative space at Opencare
- Curiosity about human psychology and emotion and how it influences marketing and ultimately people’s behaviours
- A keen eye for visual details and accuracy in all work
- You are able to work on multiple projects, prioritize as needed and manage time in an efficient manner while receiving strategic and tactical direction
- You have experience in videography or motion graphics, and/or photography, graphic design
- You have experience working at a high growth startup
What we offer you...
- Ownership: from day 1, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
- Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).