Talent Acquisition Partner, Growth and Marketing
For us, our team is the engine that powers growth and we invest a lot of time in finding exceptional individuals who share our passion, and believe in our mission. To find these special individuals we are building a world-class Talent Acquisition team, right here in Toronto, who will uncover the best and brightest individuals the world has to offer and bring them to Opencare.
We believe Talent Acquisition’s role goes beyond writing job descriptions and reviewing resumes. Talent plays an irreplaceable role in growing Opencare, by starting with the root business challenges facing the company and solving them with the right individuals.
How will you impact Opencare’s future? By solving critical business challenges in Marketing, Finance, and Engineering by finding the right individuals who exceed all expectations.
People who are the right fit for Opencare will have:
- 3-5 years of experience in a Talent Acquisition role, and a passion to keep improving your skills
- Desire to go beyond traditional recruiter-hiring manager relationships and to become a leader in the organization
- Experience in building and scaling recruitment processes from the ground up
- Familiarity with key recruitment tools such as boolean searching, Applicant Tracking Systems (eg. Lever, Greenhouse, Taleo), LinkedIn Recruiter, job boards etc, and the strengths and drawbacks of each
- Demonstrated track-record of a data-driven approach, starting with candidate pipeline analysis and using the insights to derive messaging and engagement targets to guarantee a successful search
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums, and to all audiences
- Genuine passion for understanding how business problems can be solved through Talent Acquisition
What will you be responsible for?
- Working in partnership with team leads to diagnose their business problems, and come up with a Talent strategy to address them
- Develop clear competencies for each role and collaborate to define what success looks like in this position
- Designing thoughtful assessment processes to ensure we are gathering all necessary data points about candidates
- End-to-end, full cycle recruitment including sourcing passive candidates that are perfectly matched to our needs
- Understanding the key metrics that impact the Talent Acquisition process, and using them to diagnose and remedy bottlenecks and challenges
This might not be the right role for you if you:
- Expect that everything is clearly defined and figured out. We’re scaling quickly which means everything is constantly changing
- Rely on hiring managers to make all the decisions for them
- Only want to focus on one area of the business exclusively
- Make hiring decisions by going on “what your gut says” about candidates
What we offer you...
- Ownership: from day 1, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
- Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).