Senior Manager, Customer Operations
Customer Success /
Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway! Take our Chief of Staff, Stephen, his background is widely varied encompassing audit work at PwC, a stint as an English teacher, before joining Ritual as employee 18. Stephen’s work is typified by his adaptability and willingness to take on whatever challenge Ritual threw at him!
From launching new cities, to improving their global operations and procedures, this experience set him up to be successful in a broad and varied role as Chief of Staff. Since joining, Stephen has helped to lead both the Sales and Customer Success functions in their operations as well as deepening our understanding of marketplace dynamics.
Opencare is building a future where dentists no longer need to worry about running their business, and instead can focus on what they do best: caring for patients.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Customer Operations Team’s Vision
With over 900 dental practices as part of the Opencare network, our Customer Operations team focuses on making sure each and every practice can achieve their goals with our platform. Whether that is increasing the revenue of their dental practice, insurance collection rates, or improving the quality of a patient’s visit, the Customer Operations team will be there to support our dentists in their customer journey with Opencare.
How does this role help us reach that vision?
As our first Senior Manager of Customer Operations, you will be the visionary leader that helps build a team with a shared vision and set of values. The team is incredibly smart and wants to push the boundaries of what they can do to help our customers, so it is up to you to harness that ambition to provide shape and direction.
You will start by getting on the front-lines with the team, listening to our customers and understanding their pain-points, such as patient cancellations. From there, work collectively with our Onboarding, Support Ops, and Outsourcing teams to scale our operational infrastructure to support our growing network of dentists. Working collaboratively with our Sales team, you’ll also have a significant input into the holistic strategy for our dental practices to ensure we continue to advocate and prioritise their needs and views.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Deep understanding of our current customer operations approach, and clear, coherent, a strategy for how the team will scale to align with the growth of dentists across the US and Canada
- Identifying the right blend of proactive and reactive support and engagement activities to provide the right support for each of our practices
- Scaling up our outsourcing team to increase capacity and reduce the cost of facilitating operations for our dental network
- Carefully managing churn metrics by retaining healthy accounts and removing those accounts that don’t fit with the Opencare platform
- Build out a suite of dashboarding and reporting tools that give you complete control and insight of all active accounts
- Leading the integration of operations for our two products (patient acquisition & billing support) into one unified team that can seamlessly support both products
- Growing and mentoring a performance-focused Customer Operations team by breaking down barriers to their progress through progressive skills and career coaching
- Creating a supportive and positive team dynamic that focuses on safety and vulnerability, allowing the team to bring their whole-self to work
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Scale all facets of Customer Operations to match the rapidly growing number of dental practices we support
- Be our internal thought leader on how we continue to operationalize new product offeringsInspire a high-performing team member who are engaged, innovative, entrepreneurial, and well supported in their career development
- Shape the future of our products by being the voice of our customers and their needs to the product and leadership team
- Designing and building out a Customer Operations team that ensures patients are receiving white glove service for their Opencare appointments
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- You’ve built and iterated on operational processes and are comfortable working 1-on-1 with your team to tackle tricky customer problems and get deeper understanding of the dynamics at play
- Comfortable in customer facing functions, such as Account Management, Customer Success, Customer Support, or Support Operations
- Experience and interest in managing people and helping to resolve the challenges that emerge in a rapid growth environment
- Genuine passion for understanding our whole business, not just Customer Operations, and prioritising the holistic growth of Opencare first and foremost
- Ability to communicate with the Executive team and advocate for the Customer Operations function, and our customers, at a strategic level
- You’re a strong collaborator across the company with the ability lead others through influence and communication
- A coaching mindset; you’ve helped individuals grow and scale with the business and you’re eager to build out a team of high-performers once again