Head of Growth
Opencare is looking for a Head of Growth to lead the patient side of our marketplace. We’re looking for a strategic, creative and analytical leader who can break down problems and deliver impactful solutions while building a world-class team. From developing the growth strategy across North America, to building new processes that allows each team to operate at their highest level, the right individual is ready to roll up their sleeves and be a business leader that helps Opencare fulfill its potential.
What you will be doing
- Take a leadership role alongside key executives in the overall planning cycle, including annual business strategy development and quarterly assessments
- Offer strategic guidance and counsel to the Executive team
- Own the consumer marketing and product strategy that establishes Opencare as a category-defining leader in dental care across North America
- Grow, manage, and mentor a talented, cross-functional marketing and product team responsible for acquisition, conversion, and referrals.
- Expand our marketing mix into new online and offline channels to increase the reach, scale, and profitability of our acquisition efforts.
- Develop systems and processes that allow the patient team to maximize the impact of growth experiments
What you bring to Opencare
- 3+ years of experience in a VP of Growth role in a fast-paced environment
- Proven talent management experience with the ability to attract, cultivate and retain top performers in a world-class marketing and product organization, scaled team from 5 to 30+.
- Scaled performance marketing budgets to $30M+ over 2-3 years
- Performance and data-driven mindset to marketing
- Strong collaborator at the leadership level while also being comfortable doing the day to day blocking and tackling work required to scale the organization.
- Proven track record of being able to have hard conversations with Executives and Board Members to ensure we’re making the right decisions
- Exceptional communication skills across all mediums, and to all audiences
- Genuine passion for understanding the business and getting into the details to be a well-informed thought-leader
- Knowledge of working within a marketplace business model would be advantageous
What we offer you...
- Ownership: from day 1, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
- Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).