Head of Finance
As we continue to grow (very quickly!) Opencare is seeking a Head of Finance to help drive strategic decision making across our business. As the thought-leader in finance, you will work cross-functionally to ensure all teams are making the right decisions and effectively tracking and monitoring the financial impact of their decisions.
From developing all up company strategy alongside the Executive team, to short-mid-long term forecasting, and analyzing operating P&Ls on market by market basis, the right individual is ready to roll up their sleeves and be a business leader that helps Opencare fulfill its potential.
What you will be doing…
- Offering strategic guidance and counsel to the Executive team to help scale the company
- Developing our FP&A processes, and supporting systems, to build a robust foundation of financial excellence
- Producing detailed revenue forecasts and growth models, including 12 month P&L projections, 3 year pro-forma and contributing to strategic fundraising initiatives
- Building out, and deriving insights from, operating P&L’s for each of our markets and dashboards for leadership and board members. Return on Investment (ROI) should be top of mind in all aspects of the business
- Using your experience and analytical skills to identify key business levers and how we can use them to optimise and improve our performance
- Lead and own financial infrastructure projects such as financial audit and managing venture debt arrangements
- Accountability for all Financial operations including Processes, Accounting, and Control measures
- Anticipate changing business dynamics and work with all teams to optimize our initiatives to meet overarching company goals
What you bring to Opencare…
- 3+ years of experience in a Vice President (VP) of Finance or Chief Financial Officer (CFO) role in a fast paced environment
- Deep strategic insight and ability to add value to decision making across the company
- Experience in rapidly scaling a company from 50 to 200+ people
- Well versed in operating in multiple US states
- Demonstrated capability in leadership and experience in managing a mixed team (in-house and consultants) of high-performing finance professionals
- Track-record of being able to have hard conversations with Executives and Board Members to ensure we’re making the right decisions
- Exceptional communication skills across all mediums, and to all audiences
- Genuine passion for understanding the business and getting into the details to be a well informed thought-leader
- Knowledge of working within a marketplace business model would be advantageous
What we offer you...
- Ownership: from day 1, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
- Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).