Business Development Representative
Customer Acquisition /
*2 months contract with the possibility to extend longer*
Before you read any further: Diversity and Inclusion is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Opencare’s Vision: To reinvent how dentists run their practices, so they can focus on what matters most” providing exceptional patient care
Opencare is building technology to transform the dental industry.
Running a dental practice is becoming more and more complicated every year. At Opencare, we believe that dentists shouldn't have to worry about managing their practice, they should focus on providing world-class patient care experiences. After all, we live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
Through the Opencare technology platform, we are enabling dentists to connect with new patients, streamline their day-to-day operations, and manage their billing seamlessly. All of this frees up time and energy that can be dedicated to helping patients understand and improve their oral wellness.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Sales Team’s Vision:
You will be working with a small team building a “startup within a startup” as we scale Opencare’s second and third services. These services, Claims and Insurance Verification (IV) will help dental offices take care of the finances of their business so they can focus on patient experience. We are building out a team to help with insurance billing, verifying insurance, and closing out aging claims at dental practices.
You will join our new sales team that is responsible for scaling our Claims and IV solutions. We are always striving for a win-win-win scenario, where Opencare only wins when our practices are able to increase billings and collect more revenue from their insurance partners.
How will you help to get us there?
As a Business Development Representative, you will be deepening Opencare’s presence in the North American market. This role is ideal for someone interested in leveraging their extraordinary social skills to build strong relationships with hundreds of dental offices within their territory. You will work with Account Executives and be expected to manage leads from multiple markets to nurture and build relationships with, by making sure their business objectives align with Opencare. We actively encourage experimentation, so expect to try out many approaches to get our AEs front of key decision makers and help them understand Opencare’s value.
Your Impact In This Role:
- Growing and managing top of the funnel sales activities, helping us grow our platform with dental practices in North America
- Identifying and engaging with outbound prospects through a mix of channels including (but not limited to) phone, email, video, and direct mail
- Targeting key decision-makers and booking meetings with them (bypassing gatekeepers) to help the team meet their sales targets
- Gaining technical skills with modern Sales automation tools like SalesLoft to increase your efficiency and SalesForce for Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Making data-driven decisions about your pipeline to maximize the deals you close
What Skills Will You Bring To The Team From Day One?
- Native or Bi-Lingual English speaker (required)
- At least 2 years of experience in a BDR, SDR, or sales role (required)
- The ability to quickly challenge assumptions, objection handle, and come up with creative solutions to keep your deal flow moving
- Outstanding communication skills and a knack for building trust-based relationships
- A growth mindset with a strong desire to improve your sales skills through coaching and mentorship
- Self-awareness of your personal strengths and weaknesses have a strong desire to consistently improve both professionally and personally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An analytical mindset, ability to understand data to make the best decisions
- You will need to be competitive, resilient, and highly motivated to succeed
What Skills Will You Have The Opportunity To Develop?
- A strong understanding of a sales pipeline coupled with the ability to anchor decision making around your sales strategies in data
- Paving a track record of success within a hyper-growth marketplace, and understanding the nuances of supply-demand balance within this model
- Gaining a deep understanding of local dental industry trends, insurance dynamics, patient demand, and selling to SMB clients
- Learning about the intricacies and fun challenges of being a part of a sales team within a marketplace where we have two different customers - practices and patients!