Opencare is looking for a rare superstar to power up our CEO. Becoming the CEO’s trusted partner and sounding board, you will help to make Opencare successful by focusing on key details you will unlock our CEO to focus on some of the biggest challenges that Opencare is solving.
From day-to-day scheduling and calendar management to nurturing long-distance investor relationships over email, this role is expansive and meaningful in equal measure. You will bring your expertise to help our CEO, and the wider leadership team, become more effective and impactful.
What business problem will you be solving?
Becoming our CEO’s trusted partner and ensuring they are well-prepared, well-connected, and well-organised by looking creatively at all possible options.
How you will add new value to Opencare?
- Executive level communication with our Board of Directors, investors, VC’s, and advisors from some of the world’s most valuable companies over email and phone.
- Enthusiastically building strong internal and external relationships alongside, and on behalf of, our CEO to ensure you are providing great advice and push-back where necessary.
- Ensure key partners, both internally and externally, are kept up to date by crafting effective messaging across different communication channels. From email drafting, creating presentations, and using Slack, you will keep everyone in the loop.
- Leading a remote team to turbocharge your effectiveness and allowing you to make the biggest impact on Opencare.
- Keep CEO organized and ensure they prioritize the highest impact activities by taking ownership of all administrative aspects including scheduling, task/project prioritization, travel arrangements, email writing and drafting, standing in for CEO, networking, and executive level decision-making.
What you will learn in this role?
- Professional mentoring and development from day one (http://www.mindmaven.com/).
- Learning how our CEO thinks and acts in all aspects of their life, and how to build a successful start up - a great opportunity for a future entrepreneur!
- Opportunities to work on special projects, ad-hoc research, and creative solutioneering.
What can you bring to the role?
- Exceptional written communication skills; you will be crafting critical messaging regularly so we need someone who enjoys writing clear, concise, and impactful messages.
- A non-traditional career background that required strong communication, organization, and project management skills.
- Passion for creative problem solving and a commitment to always go above and beyond what is asked.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively identify both risks and opportunities, and act upon these.
- Proven strong organisational skills in your current profession- you will need to stay on top of a lot of high-importance actions concurrently.
What we offer you...
- Ownership: from day 1, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
- Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).