Sr. Manager, People Operations and Talent
Remote (Canada) /
People & Talent /
Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway! Take Lydia for example. She joined Opencare as an Office Manager, and quickly took ownership of employee engagement initiatives and became an essential driver for our culture. Today, Lydia is our Employee Experience Manager on the People Operations Team, where she has built out our onboarding processes, refreshed our culture values, launched diversity, inclusion and belonging initiatives, and is driving learning and development for the organization. Opencare would not be the same without her.
To reinvent how dentists run their practices, so they can focus on what matters most: providing exceptional patient care.
Opencare is building technology to transform the dental industry.
Running a dental practice is becoming more and more complicated every year. At Opencare, we believe that dentists shouldn't have to worry about managing their practice, they should focus on providing world class patient care experiences. After all, we live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths.
Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
Through the Opencare technology platform, we are enabling dentists to connect with new patients, streamline their day-to-day operations, and manage their billing seamlessly. All of this frees up time and energy that can be dedicated to helping patients understand and improve their oral wellness.
You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here and you can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our People Operations and Talent Vision
Every person is on a lifelong journey filled with obstacles and challenges. Opencare is the place that aims to remove these barriers to success in order to accelerate you along both your personal and professional path.
We identify unrealised potential, then unlock it by holistically investing in your development, creating professional opportunities, and supporting with consistent coaching along the way.
How will you help to get us there?As our Senior Manager of People Operations & Talent, you will spend your days advancing the People Operations and Talent team in a high-growth startup environment by asking questions around how people intersect with the business to achieve our goals. You will also offer growth and mentorship to the People Operations and Talent Team as they continue to grow and support the business.
Your impact, 6 months into the role:
- Managing change as the business scales a new product, and advising the Executive team on organizational structure and initiatives to build a highly engaged workforce
- Building out processes, policies, and team structures for a high growth team based in the Philippines, as they scale to 250 people by the end of the year
- Owning hiring for the company and leveraging the wider team to support in hitting ambitious hiring goals
- Continuing to identify and realise operational efficiencies across both the People & Talent teams as new challenges arise, and are overcome
- Advise on new Learning & Development programs and engagement initiatives
- Standardizing key organizational tools, HR technology resources, and programs including: HRIS, performance management (15Five), employee engagement (CultureAmp) DEI (Diversio) benefit & perks administration, application tracking system etc
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Continue to reinforce a culture of transparency, open communication, and high performance in all areas of the organization
- Spearhead Opencare’s expansion globally, helping to identify key hotspots of talent and building accompanying processes and policies to support the team
- Establish high-trust, high-vulnerability relationships within the team, and also across the business
- Create a clear People & Talent strategy that prioritizes our employees needs and enables them to accomplish their career goals at Opencare
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- An in-depth and nuanced understanding of your business, and a genuine passion for understanding how business problems can be solved through People and Talent
- Seasoned experience in Human Resources with a focus on organizational behaviour, engagement, and culture
- Managing and developing inclusive, high performing teams An understanding of talent acquisition fundamentals (including conversion metrics and competency based interviewing) and experience in full-cycle talent acquisition in an in-house or agency capacity
- Ownership of employee engagement programs; surveys, action plans, team building, etc.
- A passion for building well-rounded teams with diversity of thought and an inclusive culture
- Experience working with remote teams/offices and creating alignment across the organization
What skills will you have the opportunity to develop?
- Deeper exposure to talent acquisition management in a startup environment
- Executive level leadership, through identifying and prioritizing risks and opportunities across the business
- Working in an experimental environment; innovating on process, adapting based on feedback, and customizing across teams
- Navigating change management and culture in a remote-first environment
- Building out the organizational foundation for global teams
- Contributing to and advising organizational design in an area of the business