Full Stack Developer - Summer 2020 Internship
Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions.
Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team. So whether you’re in your first year of school, final year of school, or have recently graduated, please consider applying!
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Engineering Team’s Vision
In order to achieve our vision, we need an extraordinary Engineering team that is creative, passionate, and user-focused. We are a technology company that happens to be in healthcare, and we treat ourselves as such.
Our Engineering team uses the most modern technology and processes available: we deploy to production multiple times per day with our continuous delivery pipeline, we have efficient code review processes on Github, and we are extremely agile with our product planning lifecycle. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, and be given the freedom to solve problems on your own and learn by doing.
As a Full Stack Developer at Opencare, you'll spend your days:
- Working with modern technology throughout our entire stack (Node.js, Angular, React, Postgres) running on AWS and deployed with Codeship
- Solving a wide variety of exciting design, product, and business problems (this includes implementing new product features and participating in the design process)
- Working closely with our Design and Product teams to develop and deliver high-impact, high-quality, scalable web software, understand and prioritize projects, and solve product and design challenges in efficient and scalable ways
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- An understanding of computer science fundamentals and can communicate decisions effectively to the wider Engineering and Product team
- A product mindset. You strive to put the needs of the user to the forefront whenever you work on a feature
- An interest in working in agile development environments and working with product management tools (eg. Asana, Trello, Pivotal, or JIRA)
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Develop software in Node.js, Angular, and React in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup in the health and wellness space
- Grow your product management skills by always focusing on the end user first and foremost
Here at Opencare, we offer 4, 8, and 12 month paid internship terms. Please state in your application which length of term best suits you!