Senior Front End Engineer
Remote (Canada) /
Location: At Opencare, we are a remote first organization. Our home city is Toronto, however, we are open to applicants all across the globe. (Must be able to work EST)
Before you read any further: Our strength at Opencare relies on the diversity of perspective that we work hard to craft on our team. We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business.
Experience means something different to each of us and your unique combination of skills, passions and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team. If the role below is of interest to you, please consider applying!
To reinvent how dentists run their practices, so they can focus on what matters most: providing exceptional patient care.
Running a dental practice is becoming more and more complicated every year. At Opencare, we believe that dentists shouldn't have to worry about managing their practice, which frees them up to prioritize world class patient care experiences. After all, we live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths.
Yet for such an important part of our body, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that. Through the Opencare marketplace, we are enabling dentists to connect with new patients, streamline their day-to-day operations, and manage their billing seamlessly. All of this frees up time and energy that can be dedicated to helping patients understand and improve their oral wellness. We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture and what we do at Opencare here.
Our Engineering Team’s Vision:
In order to achieve our vision, we need an extraordinary Engineering team that is creative, passionate, and user-focused. We are a technology company that happens to be in healthcare, and we treat ourselves as such.
Our Engineering team uses the most modern technology and processes available: we deploy to production multiple times per day with our continuous delivery pipeline, we have efficient code review processes on Github, and we are extremely agile with our product planning lifecycle. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, and be given the freedom to solve problems on your own and learn by doing.
How will you help us get there:
As a Senior Front End Engineer at Opencare, you’ll be working closely with our Product and Engineering Team to rapidly test new ideas, facilitate experiments, and drive (a lot of) growth!
Your primary role will be to:
- Own the development and delivery of high-quality, user-focused front-end web software that directly impacts customers across North America
- Lead architecture decisions and implementation of our B2B-facing app, used by thousands of dentists
- Support growth initiatives by rapidly iterating on experiments and experimentation frameworks
- Collaborate closely with our Product Manager and Designers to develop engaging UX
- Explore new technologies that will be leveraged internally and provide input to improve our tools and systems
- You are able to create prototypes and mockups of application screens and user interfaces in collaboration with the Product team.
- You develop using Test Driven Development and have decent experience and knowledge on writing unit tests using technologies like Jest.
- You’re a creative and experiment-driven person who cares deeply about the user experience, and you love pairing with designers, marketers, engineers, and PMs to create and ship beautiful, delightful experiences
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- An exceptional ability to communicate about your work in a way that both technical and non-technical folks find easy to understand.
- Experience with AngularJS is a plus.
Skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful candidate:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to disability during the interview process, please inform your Talent Partner