Senior Finance Analyst
Finance & Data /
Before you read any further: Diversity and inclusion is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
To reinvent how dentists run their practices, so they can focus on what matters most: providing exceptional patient care.
Opencare is building technology to transform the dental industry.
Running a dental practice is becoming more and more complicated every year. At Opencare, we believe that dentists shouldn't have to worry about managing their practice, they should focus on providing world class patient care experiences. After all, we live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths.
Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
Through the Opencare technology platform, we are enabling dentists to connect with new patients, streamline their day-to-day operations, and manage their billing seamlessly. All of this frees up time and energy that can be dedicated to helping patients understand and improve their oral wellness.
You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here and you can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Finance Team’s Vision
In order to achieve our vision, our finance team enables the organization to rapidly iterate and understand the impact of our decisions and to assist our practices in delivering top notch patient experiences. Our finance team spans across the organization and is a key player in overall strategy and capital allocation, sales strategy, product & engineering investment, and fundraising.
How will you help to get us there?
As a Senior Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for executing financial reporting at a company wide level to enable strategic decision making, while supporting and eventually owning the financial forecasting process. You will support our overall budgeting process and engage in ad-hoc projects supporting the overall strategic decision making across our organization. You will also outline the impacts of these decisions to the executive team, presenting the long-term impacts of strategic changes.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Managing month-end financial statement close and ensuring that our financial reporting is completed in a timely manner with the support of our external contractors
- Handling our banking and treasury functions along with our cash management activities, delivering cash forecasts and insights to our leadership team
- Working with the people operations team to manage our payroll function, and provide insights into payroll spend across the organization
- Managing our payments process with the assistance of a junior accountant, and implementing appropriate controls around our internal operations and reporting processes
- Conducting critical ad hoc analysis such as forecasting the profitability of various sales execution strategies, understanding the effects of shifting product and development roadmaps, and understanding cost efficiencies across the organization
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Manage the financial reporting process, payroll function, coordination of year-end tax filings, and payments piece
- Coordinating the forecasting process alongside the head of finance, across the organization and become an expert with regards to specific lines of our business
- Driving efficiencies in our operational model and analyzing the impact in shifting dynamics on our decision making
- Reporting on the ROI of our sales and marketing activities by market, demographic, and channel
- Supporting fundraising efforts and coordinating our investor reporting packages, along with preparing our quarterly board reporting
- Mentoring additional finance team members as we build out the team
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- Self starter who is looking to take ownership of the day-to-day activities of the financial reporting function
- Proficient in financial reporting, with an understanding of financial reporting standards, a three statement model, and ad hoc analysis outside of budget planning
- Ability to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders both internally and externally, and work in a rapidly changing environment
- Creating new processes in the financial reporting process and driving change across the organization
- Possessing a CPA or working towards a CPA designation
What skills will you have the opportunity to develop?
- Develop detailed financial forecasts that support the strategic decision and guide day-to-day operations
- Participate in the fundraising process with the executive team by supporting the creation of pitch decks, financial forecasts, scenario planning, and coordinating with potential lenders
- Working with large data sets to create relevant operational and financial dashboards, to share across the organization and learning SQL
- Grow into a management role in 1-2 years
- Exposure to taxation policies across North America and adjusting decision making for potential tax exposures