Full Stack Developer (Winter 2020 Internship)
Before you read any further: Diversity is our thing at Opencare. We’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked...experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team. We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business.
To create technology that removes operational burden from dentists, so they can focus on patient care and experience
Opencare is building technology to transform the dental industry.
Running a dental practice is becoming more and more complicated every year. At Opencare, we believe that dentists shouldn't have to worry about managing their practice, which frees them up to prioritize world class patient care experiences. After all, we live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths.
Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
Through the Opencare technology platform, we are enabling dentists to connect with new patients, streamline their day-to-day operations, and manage their billing seamlessly. All of this frees up time and energy that can be dedicated to helping patients understand and improve their oral wellness.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here and you can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Engineering Team’s Vision
In order to achieve our vision, we need an extraordinary Engineering team that is creative, passionate, and user-focused. We are a technology company that happens to be in healthcare, and we treat ourselves as such.
Our Engineering team uses the most modern technology and processes available: we deploy to production multiple times per day with our continuous delivery pipeline, we have efficient code review processes on Github, and we are extremely agile with our product planning lifecycle. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, and be given the freedom to solve problems on your own and learn by doing.
As a Full Stack Developer at Opencare, you'll spend your days:
- Working with modern technology throughout our entire stack (Node.js, Angular, React, Postgres) running on AWS and deployed with Codeship
- Solving a wide variety of exciting design, product, and business problems (this includes implementing new product features and participating in the design process)
- Working closely with our Design and Product teams to develop and deliver high-impact, high-quality, scalable web software, understand and prioritize projects, and solve product and design challenges in efficient and scalable ways
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- An understanding of computer science fundamentals and can communicate decisions effectively to the wider Engineering and Product team
- A product mindset. You strive to put the needs of the user to the forefront whenever you work on a feature
- An interest in working in agile development environments and working with product management tools (eg. Asana, Trello, Pivotal, or JIRA)
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Develop software in Node.js, Angular, and React in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup in the health and wellness space
- Grow your product management skills by always focusing on the end user first and foremost
What we offer you
Ownership: from day one, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Dundas and University
- Culture is our number one priority -- which is why we have such an amazing team!
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more)