Customer Acquisition /
**This position is open to Toronto based candidates only, however you may choose to work 100% remote or in our Toronto office (when it is safe), or both!**
Before you read any further: Our strength at Opencare relies on the diversity of perspective that we work hard to craft on our team. We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway! Take Arthur for example. He started his career as a Financial Advisor before discovering the world of software sales. He actually had no idea sales could be done without meeting customers face-to-face. Now, Arthur is crushing it as an Account Executive at Opencare, where he gets to interact with dentists all over North America. He is changing healthcare for the better, one dental practice at a time. Plus, his focus on developing his best self continues to be supported by Opencare, where he was able to take his interest in meditation and sign up for a formal Transcendental Meditation course that is offered to all Opencare employees.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Sales Team’s Vision
You will be working with a small team building a “startup within a startup” as we scale Opencare’s second and third services. These services, Claims and Insurance Verification (IV), will help dental offices take care of the finances of their business so they can focus on patient experience. We are building out a team to help with insurance billing, verifying insurance, and closing out aging claims at dental practices.
You will join our new sales team that is responsible for scaling our Claims and IV solutions. We are always striving for a win-win-win scenario, where Opencare only wins when our practices are able to increase billings and collect more revenue from their insurance partners.
How will you help to get us there?
As an Account Executive, you will be tasked with bringing the Claims and IV products to Dental practices across North America, as well as supporting the bottom-up build growth of this brand new offering.. This role is ideal for someone interested in leveraging their extraordinary social skills to build strong relationships with hundreds of dental offices, and apply an entrepreneurial mindset in an ambiguous environment.
You will be expected to manage and grow these relationships rapidly, but sustainably, by making sure their business objectives align with Opencare. We actively encourage experimentation, so expect to try out many approaches to get in front of key decision-makers and help them understand Opencare’s value.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Getting the brand new Claims and IV products into the hands of dental practices across the US, that represent multi-million dollar revenue opportunities for Opencare. As one of the new folks who will be selling our new product lines, you will contribute to the sales strategy and overall growth
- You'll be running a full inside sales cycle, from identifying stakeholders, to booking meetings with decision makers, to closing deals. This job will require 30% top of funnel activities (i.e. cold calling, emailing, and experimental direct mail)
- You will inform and shape the team’s strategy by tracking your sales performance metrics, activity and reporting them to the rest of the team on a regular basis
- You'll be leveraging our CRM (Hubspot currently but transitioning to SalesForce) & sales automation tools to deploy a mix of creative inside sales strategies to interact with your prospects
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Contributing to the Opencare Sales playbook and uncovering ways for the team to be more effective (e.g Arthur has seen amazing results from his creative video outreach!)
- Managing multi-channel sales experiments via direct mail, phone, email and in-person to improve our sales funnel
- Helping with the training, onboarding, and leadership of new hires and junior sales team members
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- A strong understanding of a sales pipeline, longer sales cycles and the ability to anchor decision making around your sales strategies in data
- Track record of success in a BDR/SDR role, consistently smashing your targets and working collaboratively with your team, in addition to at least 3 years of experience in a full-cycle sales role
- A growth mindset, with a strong desire to improve your sales skills through coaching and mentorship
- Outstanding communication skills and a knack for building trust-based relationships, especially with SMB clients
- The ability to quickly pinpoint problems, objection handle, and come up with creative solutions to keep the action going
- You use a consultative approach when helping clients with a focus on needs discovery, and you have an ease to build trust to influence their decisions
- You enjoy collaboration and you are used to working closely with other functions like Marketing and Product to build feedback loops between Sales and the rest of the business.You are naturally curious, and energized by working in an ambiguous environment
What skills will you have the opportunity to develop?
- Building and refining your full-cycle skill set, and applying your skill set to an entrepreneurial role with a strategic scope of responsibility within a new line of business.
- Gain a deep understanding of dental industry trends and insurance dynamics
- Being a part of building a unique sales function and strategy from the ground up within new product lines