Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway! Take Charlotte for example. She began her career doing research for an Executive Search firm, and pivoted into her role as a Talent Sourcer at Opencare. She took ownership over finding and engaging top talent across all roles, and built out processes for market mapping and role onboarding. Today, Charlotte is tackling the challenge of full cycle recruitment, and continues to develop her skill set while solving new business problems.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Talent Team’s Vision
Our team is the engine that powers growth and we invest a lot of time in finding exceptional individuals who share our passion, and believe in our mission. To find these special individuals, we are building a world-class Talent Acquisition team right here in Toronto, who will uncover the best and brightest individuals the world has to offer and bring them to Opencare.
We believe Talent Acquisition’s role goes beyond writing job descriptions and reviewing resumes. Talent plays an irreplaceable role in growing Opencare, by starting with the root business challenges facing the company and solving them with the right individuals.
How will you help to get us there?
Talent Sourcing at Opencare goes beyond just finding someone’s professional profile, rather it is about understanding each individuals interests and motivations, career ambitions, and unique skills so we can be sure they will not just succeed, but really thrive.
We know the best people in the world come from all walks of life, and our Talent Sourcers are the secret weapon in finding truly exceptional individuals and being their champion. By ensuring we understand each candidate we work with, we can partner with our business leaders to help them solve real-world business problems with Talent.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Discover and engage with world-class talent across a variety of platforms, tools, and resources
- Build and nurture a pipeline of excellent candidates for a number of concurrent positions across the business, including Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, and Executive
- Research and map out business-critical markets to help inform our hiring strategies
- Build deep partnerships with Opencare leaders and acting as their trusted, and respected, talent advisor
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Take ownership of innovative projects and programs that will help us continue to grow our exceptional team
- Develop new channels for candidate discovery and engagement, such as social media and a global talent stream
What you bring to the team from day one:
- At least 1 year of experience in an in-house or agency Talent Acquisition role (either Sourcing, Research, Lead Generation, or Recruiting role)
- Deep seated curiosity to fully understand each role before building out comprehensive, and creative, sourcing strategies and market maps so you know where the very best candidates are in the market
- Experience in crafting high-quality tailored messaging that really speaks to each candidate
- Knowledge of some recruitment tools such as boolean searching, Applicant Tracking Systems (eg. Lever, Greenhouse, Taleo), Linkedin Recruiter, and job boards
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums, and to all audiences
- Genuine passion for understanding how business problems can be solved through Talent Acquisition
What skills will you have the opportunity to develop?
- A data-driven approach, starting with candidate pipeline analysis and using the insights to derive messaging and engagement targets to guarantee a successful search
- Exposure to a suite of technical and non-technical roles, full cycle recruitment, and employer branding
What we offer you
Ownership: from day one, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Dundas and University
- Culture is our number one priority -- which is why we have such an amazing team!
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more)