Opencare is looking for an accomplished FP&A Associate to play a critical role in providing enhanced insight, visibility, and data into planning and forecasting at both the strategic and tactical level of the business.
As the FP&A Associate you will help to execute the financial vision of the company including critical decision making processes such as overall financial planning, company and team specific budgeting and forecasting, developing and maintaining operational metrics and modelling, ad hoc analytics, and ongoing financial reporting.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to become a foundational part of a venture-backed, homegrown startup and to work directly with the Head of Finance to develop and grow a finance function.
What is Opencare’s vision for finance?
We believe data is the key to good decision making and visibility is critical for ownership. By ensuring all aspects of the business have both, we will be able to set aggressive goals, celebrate our successes, understand our misses, and pivot rapidly as needed. True partnership therefore is critical between finance and all teams across the organization and as such, the finance team will pride themselves in the breadth of their company wide understanding and teamwork when helping the entire company reach our goals.
What will you own at Opencare?
- Execute financial modeling and forecasting at a company wide level to enable strategic decision making, financial planning, and optimal capital allocation
- Support detailed annual overall budgeting process to ensure strong overall growth while beginning to realize economies of scale
- Develop, maintain, and enhance in concert with Head of Finance, team specific budgeting and reporting playbook to ensure high visibility and ultimately ownership of P&Ls at each level of the organization
- Support executive team with internal and board reporting
- Develop and maintain detailed operational models that help to drive critical day to day decision making across the company
- Conduct critical ad hoc analysis. Examples of projects we’re currently working on include:
- Analysis of employee option plan and ongoing requirements
- Support Head of Finance initially across spectrum of financial activities including:
Developing a more robust demand/supply balancing forecasting model
Detailed new city expansion model
Banking and treasury functions
What can you bring to the role?
- You strive for a holistic understanding of any business or activity you’re involved in, especially the fundamentals that drive growth and success
- 2+ years of experience in a successful FP&A or highly analytical role (e.g. investment banking, consulting, etc.)
- Highly analytical and exceptional financial modelling skillset
- Strong communications skills with ability to work cross functionally
- Self starter mentality with a demonstrated track record of critical thinking and problem solving applied to ambiguous problems
What we offer you...
- Ownership: from day 1, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
- Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).