Remote (Canada) /
Customer Acquisition /
Location: We are currently remote due to the pandemic and may or may not return to an office. Our home city is Toronto, but we are open to applicants across Canada and the USA.
Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway!
Take our Head of Growth, Sean, for example. Sean spent the past few years of his career in the food and restaurant industry, leading marketing at Chefs Plate and ChefHero. Since joining Opencare, Sean has helped to double our revenue and build a really strong infrastructure for our Marketing team! Now, he’s taking on the sales side of the business as well, and demonstrating that there is no challenge too big or small for him to get stuck into.
Sean always identifies strategic areas of opportunity and was not afraid to roll up his sleeves to help the team hit their targets. Outside of driving growth at Opencare, Sean is a fitness fanatic and in his spare time, he is most likely spotted running or biking outside.
To reinvent how dentists run their practices, so they can focus on what matters most: providing exceptional patient care.
Opencare is building technology to transform the dental industry.
Running a dental practice is becoming more and more complicated every year. At Opencare, we believe that dentists shouldn't have to worry about managing their practice, which frees them up to prioritize world class patient care experiences. After all, we live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths.
Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
Through the Opencare technology platform, we are enabling dentists to connect with new patients, streamline their day-to-day operations, and manage their billing seamlessly. All of this frees up time and energy that can be dedicated to helping patients understand and improve their oral wellness.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here and you can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Sales Team’s Vision
Our goal is to bring the right technology and service solutions to every dentist in North America, and help them manage and grow their business in a seamless way. The sales team take great ownership for consulting with dentists to help them understand the opportunities within their current business.
Perhaps a dentist has unresolved A/R? Our billing service can help them recover the money that is owed to them, and keep cash flowing through their business.
What about a dentist who is desperate for new patients? The patient growth product helps them turbocharge their patient acquisition process and fill up their calendar with high value customers.
To do this, our sales team need to be trusted experts in the space, and build great relationships with dentists, and front office staff, to create a “win-win-win” scenario, where Opencare only wins when we provide dental practices with the technology and services they need to sustainably grow their practice.
How does this role help us reach that vision?
As our sales leader, you will be developing the strategy and playbook for how our Sales team operates day-to-day and scales to meet the growing demands of the business. Balancing the scaling of multiple product lines, and crafting our inside-sales approach to ensure high conversion rates and great customer experience.
The role is varied and you will need to think strategically about the big picture, but also be comfortable working directly with an Account Executive to close a tricky deal. We want to drive a culture of accountability and support, and you will be the catalyst that helps to make this a reality!
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Understanding our current sales approach, and have diagnosed the key areas that need to be addressed
- Outlining a clear strategy for how the team will scale to align with our product’s growth across the US
- Creating, planning, and executing scalable customer acquisition and engagement strategies focused on expanding Opencare’s community of dental practices, and ultimately growing the revenue of the company
- Forming a strong partnership with our Head of Growth to build stable, predictable, inbound leads each month that enable rapid growth
- Growing and mentoring a talented team of performance-focused Account Executives and SDR’s by breaking down barriers to their progress
- Creating a supportive and positive team dynamic that focuses on safety and vulnerability that allows the team to bring their whole-self to work
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Continuing to iterate and improve on all aspects of our Sales engine as we accelerate into 2021
- Building and scaling a world-class Sales team from 5 to 15+
- Developing high-performing team members who are engaged, innovative, entrepreneurial, and well supported in their career development
- Building a cohesive strategy for all revenue driving teams to create value for customers and growing our pool of dentists across many high-value markets to power exponential revenue growth
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- You’re recognized for your strong sales experience in SMB
- You’ve done any of the following: reported into an Executive team that is light on sales experience, been the first sales hire at a company, figured out how to sell a new product, built a team from the ground up, and/or are comfortable solving ambiguous problem sets
- Track record of managing strong sales teams, and taking individuals through performance reviews and development cycles to help them grow
- You’ve built strong sales processes and are comfortable working collaboratively with your team to tackle tricky problems and get deeper understanding of the dynamics at play
- Confident in building out Sales Operations function, to empower everyone on the team with the data and analytics they need
- Experience in managing people leaders and helping to resolve the people challenges that emerge in a rapid growth environment
- A genuine passion for understanding the business and getting into the details to be a well-informed thought-leader
- The ability to communicate with Executive teams and advocate for a sales function at a strategic level
- Strong sense of collaboration across the company with the ability to influence and lead others
- A coaching mindset; you’ve helped individuals grow and scale with the business and you’re eager to build out a team of high-performers once again