Director of Sales
Opencare is looking for an accomplished Sales leader to become its Director of Sales. We are looking for the right individual who knows exactly what it takes to build out a smart, cohesive, and high-performing Sales team that consistently exceeds targets.
Using your expertise and domain knowledge, we expect you to identify blockers to success, and to develop strategies to help us scale the team and the company at extraordinary speed. This is an exciting opportunity to become a foundational part of a venture-backed, homegrown startup and to further develop a best-in-class Sales function.
What you will be doing
- Leading a high performing Sales team, you will be ultimately responsible for exceeding Sales targets by encouraging consistent activity levels and motivating the team at every step of the way
- Collaborating with the Marketing and Customer Success teams on holistic opportunities to improve systems, processes, and programs
- Taking an active and hands-on role in mentoring and developing your team to help them maximize their own success
- Identifying areas of opportunity throughout the Sales process and ensuring the team is always thinking creatively about solving problems
- Growing your team by proactively sourcing top Sales talent and by working closely with internal and external recruiters to fill your candidate pipeline
- 5+ years of experience as a successful mentor/coach and people manager on a Sales team
- You already managed a large Sales team (10+) and you have a deep understanding of strategies to attract top Sales talent
- Recognized in your organization for outstanding communication and organizational skills
- You have the ability to gain buy-in, generate momentum, and motivate your team through tough times
- Experience developing Sales teams through regular 1:1s, continuous training, mentorship, and team building
- You live and breathe CRM dashboards! You always need to understand the team’s performance and use metrics to identify blind spots addressed
- Highly adaptable and have experience working in a fast paced environment, ideally at a high growth technology company
- Experience in working with SMBs through field Sales and the unique challenges that this poses
What we offer you...
- Ownership: from day 1, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
- Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).