Dental Biller Supervisor (Remote Contract)
Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
How will you help to get us there?
Opencare is looking for an experienced manager to supervise our team of remote dental insurance billers. The team submits insurance claims, posts insurance payments and follows up on aged receivables. The successful candidate will remotely manage a team of 5-10 dental insurance billers, which includes reviewing the team’s work for accuracy, team scheduling, ensuring team meets performance expectations and providing support where required.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ of dental insurance billing experience
- At least 2 years’ of managerial experience (remote managerial experience considered a plus)
- Highly skilled at following up on aged accounts receivables in a timely and accurate manner
- Highly skilled at posting insurance payments and adjustments with an exceptional level of accuracy.
- Highly skilled at claim submissions, reading x-rays, and chart notes.
- Extensive experience with the following softwares: Eaglesoft, Dentrix, and Opendental
- High speed internet and follow our HIPAA compliant home office setup.
Compensation: Hourly, paid monthly, commensurate with experience