Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway! Take Megan for example. She began her career as a Special Education Teacher, and moved into Customer Success in the education tech space before pivoting into sales. Today, Megan is crushing it as an Account Executive at Opencare. She is changing healthcare for the better, one dental practice at a time. Plus, she gets to do it all with her adorable (and wild) pup, Sushi, by her side. Be sure to give @sushinthe6 a follow on Instagram - Opencare would not be the same without the two of them.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Sales Team’s Vision
You will join a team of smart and cohesive sales experts whose priority is to bring our innovative patient acquisition solution to the best dental offices in North America. Our goal extends beyond just bringing any dentists to our marketplace and helping them grow their business. The sales team acts as the gatekeeper to our platform by qualifying and only partnering with exceptional dentists in North America based Opencare’s success criteria.
We are always striving for a “win-win-win” scenario, where Opencare only wins when we provide dental practices with high quality patients to sustainably grow their practice and connect our patients with the amazing dental care that they deserve.
How will you help to get us there?
As an Account Executive, you will be deepening Opencare’s presence in our existing North American markets, as well as supporting our rapid growth in several new strategic markets. This role is ideal for someone interested in leveraging their extraordinary social skills to build strong relationships with hundreds of dental offices within their territory.
You will have an assigned territory and be expected to manage and grow these relationships rapidly, but sustainably, by making sure their business objectives align with Opencare. We actively encourage experimentation, so expect to try out many approaches to get in front of key decision makers and help them understand Opencare’s value.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Deepening our presence in key existing strategic markets that represent multi-million dollar revenue opportunities for Opencare. As an authority of these markets, you will contribute to their overall growth strategy and their success
- Comfortable running a full sales cycle, from identifying stakeholders, to booking meetings with decision makers, to closing deals
- Informing and shaping the team’s strategy by tracking your sales performance metrics, activity and reporting them to the rest of the team on a regular basis
- Leveraging our CRM & sales automation tools to deploy a mix of creative inside and outside sales strategies to interact with your prospects and you will regularly fly in-market to visit them
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Launching brand new markets across North America, and owning their respective go-to-market and growth strategies (no two markets are the same!)
- Contributing to the Opencare Sales playbook and uncovering ways for the team to be more effective (eg. Miriam has seen great success with using dental themed cookies in San Francisco!)
- Managing multi-channel sales experiments via direct mail, phone, email and in person to improve our sales funnel
- Helping with the training, onboarding, and leadership of new hires and junior sales team member
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- A strong understanding of a sales pipeline coupled with the ability to anchor decision making around your sales strategies in data
- Track record of success in a BDR/SDR role, consistently smashing your targets and working collaboratively with your team
- A growth mindset with a strong desire to improve your sales skills through coaching and mentorship
- Outstanding communication skills and a knack for building trust-based relationships, especially with SMB clients
- The ability to quickly pinpoint problems, objection handle, and come up with creative solutions to keep the action going
- The ability to travel 50% of the time within Canada and the US
What skills will you have the opportunity to develop?
- Building and refining your full-cycle skill set, and learning from a team of seasoned sales leaders
- Paving a track record of success within a hyper-growth marketplace, and understanding the nuances of supply-demand balance within this model
- Become a territory manager by gaining a deep understanding of local dental industry trends, insurance dynamics, and patient demand
- Learning about the intricacies and fun challenges of being a part of a sales team within a marketplace where we have two different customers - practices and patients!
What we offer you
Ownership: from day one, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Dundas and University
- Culture is our number one priority -- which is why we have such an amazing team!
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more)