Front End Developer
Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Engineering Team’s Vision
In order to achieve our vision, we need an extraordinary Engineering team that is creative, passionate, and user-focused. We are a technology company that happens to be in healthcare, and we treat ourselves as such.
Our Engineering team uses the most modern technology and processes available: we deploy to production multiple times per day with our continuous delivery pipeline, we have efficient code review processes on Github, and we are extremely agile with our product planning lifecycle. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, and be given the freedom to solve problems on your own and learn by doing.
How will you help to get us there?
As a Front End Developer at Opencare, you'll spend your days working closely with our Growth Product Manager to rapidly test new ideas, facilitate experiments, and drive (a lot of) revenue!
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Creating engaging landing pages that are responsive, performant, and accessible that delight users
- Enabling our Demand team to run experiments quickly
- Solving product and design challenges in efficient and scalable ways by collaborating directly with all teams
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Helping to construct the next generation of our experimentation framework
- Exploring new technologies that will be leveraged internally and providing input to improve our tools and systems
- Owning front end projects end to end to support rapid experimentation for the Demand team and longer term Product initiatives
- Owning the development and delivery of high-quality, user focused web software that directly impacts business metrics for a product that is used across North America by hundreds of thousands of people
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- You’re a creative and experiment-driven person who cares deeply about the user experience, and you love pairing with designers, marketers, engineers, and PMs to create and ship beautiful, delightful experiences
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- An exceptional ability to communicate about your work in a way that both technical and non-technical folks find easy to understand.
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Work on customer funnels and customer behaviour analytics tools (eg. Amplitude, Segment, Optimizely, Mixpanel, etc.) to understand what is resonating with our users and run sophisticated A/B tests
- Continue to ramp up in React & Angular and run more sophisticated experiments
- Grow your product management and growth marketing skills by always focusing on the end user first and foremost
- Develop your unit testing & QA skills
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway!