Data Analyst, Business Intelligence
Finance & Data /
Before you read any further: Our strength at Opencare relies on the diversity of perspective that we work hard to craft on our team. We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Data Team’s VisionOur Data team is driven by providing meaningful insights across the business that will accelerate our growth. Our analysts and data scientists work on problems that dive deep into understanding how our customers behave and how we can serve them better because we know that when we can help someone find a great dentist and prioritize their mouth wellness it’s a win-win-win. This means that our team is focused on big problems like supply / demand balancing, event-based attribution across multiple channels both online and offline, understanding the impact of complex communication flows, and ensuring that when we run experiments we’re learning as much as we can.
How will you help to get us there?We are bringing a Data Analyst to work with our Sales and Marketing teams to uncover new opportunities to scale patient demand by exploring our complex digital ad data to help identify new optimizations and experiments to optimize patient acquisition. You will be unlocking growth opportunities for Opencare by understanding consumer behaviour, and finding patterns in places previously unexplored. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a deep understanding of paid advertising who is very comfortable rolling their sleeves up in data sets. If you’re someone who gets excited about the “so what” of your analysis and wants to drive business outcomes, this is the role for you!
By diving deep to understand how our ads convert, this Data Analyst will play a key role in shaping our marketing and growth strategies to help us understand how to connect with the right consumer, at the right time, and with the right value proposition.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Navigating the complexity of multiple campaigns with different ad content, geographical, and user groupings to identify and realize optimization opportunities within our digital marketing channels
- Understand our marketing funnel and identify where in the customer journey value is created so that we can double down on what is working and cut back on activities that aren’t adding value
- Navigating through our marketing data to distill key insights, inform rapid and iterative experimentation, and drive critical business decisions for our Sales and Marketing team
- Using segmentation and attribution models to improve decision making, understand where value is created, and unlocking major growth in new and existing channels
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Building the playbook for patient acquisition, scaling these efforts across North American markets, and establishing yourself as the subject matter expert on data-driven growth
- Supporting the launch and development of new markets, focusing on how to effectively balance paid and engagement channels in different sizes of markets
- Deepening our understanding of our users by partnering with Product, Engineering, Marketing and other teams to capture more nuanced data about our customers
- Advising our C-Suite leadership on strategic areas for growth, informed by deep dive analysis and a strong understanding of our business
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- > 3 years of strong experience with business intelligence tools, ideally Looker (both LookML and data visualizations)
- A drive to proactively solve business problems, push back on established playbooks, and an impact-forward approach to data science
- A deep understanding of SQL in order to effectively build models to understand consumer behaviour
- Experience supporting a marketing, growth, product, or demand team, with the ability to understand and analyze data from complex marketing campaigns with many variables
- Familiarity working with Facebook, Salesforce, and Google Adwords as a data source
- The ability to effectively communicate the business impact of data analysis, and translate insights into actionable recommendations for key stakeholders at all levels through data visualizations (e.g. Looker)
- Prior experience working with git and dbt is preferred - Whether or not you’ve read them, you probably agree with a lot of dbt’s best practices and coding conventions
What skills will you have the opportunity to develop?
- Deepen your understanding of consumer advertising working across multiple paid channels
- Working with an experienced sales team and building targeted campaigns for our B2B & B2C acquisition efforts
- Diving deep on how to communicate data and provide coaching to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop an extensive understanding of how to optimize in markets of different sizes and at different stages of growth as we continue to launch new markets across the US
- Grow your technical in data analytics, data engineering and data science by working with Opencare’s Data team
- Flexibility to explore a leadership or technical role as the team grows, with the ability to explore new methods and implement your own ideas along the way