Full Stack Developer
In order to achieve our vision, we need an extraordinary engineering team that is creative, passionate, and user-focused. We are a technology company that happens to be in healthcare, and we treat ourselves as such.
At Opencare, you'll spend your days solving a wide variety of exciting design, product and business problems. This includes new feature development, participating in the design process and working on improving our front end engineering infrastructure.
Our engineering team uses the most modern technology and processes available: we deploy to production multiple times per day with our continuous delivery pipeline, we have efficient code review processes on Github, and we are extremely agile with our product planning lifecycle. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, and be given the freedom to solve problems on your own and learn by doing.
More about the role
- You will be responsible for developing and delivering high-impact, high-quality, well-tested software
- You will solve problems across all areas of the business and not be siloed into a narrow area of focus
- You will be responsible for your own goals and be accountable to the work you accomplish and how it positively impacts the business
- You will collaborate closely with the engineering team and our founders to solve complex problems in efficient and scalable ways
- You will show leadership in the engineering organization by contributing to strategic technology decisions, exploring new technologies that will be leveraged internally, and pairing with other team members to mutually grow your skill sets
- You will be working with modern technology throughout our entire stack (Node.js, Sails.js, Angular, Postgres, SCSS, etc.) running on Heroku and deployed with Codeship
- You will directly impact business metrics for a product that is used across North America by hundreds of thousands of people.
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience in Node.js, Ruby, or Python
- You have a very strong understanding of computer science and can pass a whiteboard interview with our team
- You have built and deployed web software that is used by a large number of users, and understand the nuances and challenges related to scalable systems
- You have worked in agile development environments, have experience with product development lifecycles, and are accustomed to working with product management tools (eg. Pivotal, JIRA)
- You know how the Git workflow works and have been using it to deliver code
Bonus points for...
- Tech startup experience
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Experience building web apps from scratch
- Experience with customer funnels and customer behaviour analytics tools (eg. Mixpanel, A/B testing, etc...)
- Experience working in a healthcare or wellness related industry
What we offer you...
- Ownership: from day 1, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
- Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).